DIY: HID projector complete Retrofit Kits

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
If I currently have D2S projectors, are the H1s a direct hookup to the ballast? Also how are the H1s easier to fit? I am curious what the distance from the mounting bracket to the end of the bowl side of the projector is, or if that's even important. I could get measurements of the current projector if that would help. Just need it to stop raining.
For the mk4 jetta no ballast will be a direct wire to the headlight. The mini H1's are easier because of the mounting method to get the horizontal proper. I have jigs to do this so I don't have any problems, but all projectors mounted into mk4 jetta's require cutting of the reflectors.

If you'd like to talk more please feel free to email me at xenon.design.creations@gmail.com

Cheers,

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Can you fit FXR's in mk4 golf housings? I have mini H1's and while they're great, I'm hungry for moar!

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
My 2002 jetta has the "hella" ecodes as found on ebay. While they are somewhat better than stock, they are not near as good as my OEM hid in my bug. What can easily be installed in my old original housings or my newer hella replicas? What about shipping to 83858?

mogwai

TDI
2005 Jetta PD
Dang it, I should have known you'd be on the club :) I ordered the FX-R 2.5's today - cant wait to start my weekend project.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
My 2002 jetta has the "hella" ecodes as found on ebay. While they are somewhat better than stock, they are not near as good as my OEM hid in my bug. What can easily be installed in my old original housings or my newer hella replicas? What about shipping to 83858?
All projector retrofit's for the Mk4's required cutting of the reflector. IMO the easy projectors to install into the Mk4 are the mini H1 or D2S would probably be the most common for the DIY guy's. send me an email and I'll give you more details.

xenon.design.creations@gmail.com

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
all Pm's replied.... Sorry for any delay guys it's busy season right now! as everyone's in a rush to get there cars ready for this new show season :D

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
First 10 pairs are SOLD!

New Gen 6.0 Mini H1 projectors coming Thursday! Sale starts Friday for NEW Mini H1 Gen 6.0 projectors with Mini Gun shrouds. Only 10 sets to sell for this price. Shipping is extra.

Xd Creations
is a registered dealer for THE RETROFIT SOURCE dealer #1709 (all parts are direct from TRS)

The new Mini bi-xenon is the first "modification free" high performance projector.
Dimensions: Max Depth: 136mm (5.35" inches) Max Height 70mm (2.75 inches) Max Width 80mm (3.14 inches) Lens Diameter 2.5 inches

Upgraded E46-R Extended shrouds

Last edited:

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
do you still offer the FX-R custom adapter? no way to make it fit with mini H1's?
The custom adapter we don't offer as the FX-R projector has changed and there's not enough interest to re design tooling.

The mini projector will fit into it but we don't have any and are not planing on producing any more at this time. It was on;y cost effective when we had 50 sets made at a time. Sorry

feel free to email me and we can discuss further options.:D

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
mini H1 gen 6.0 back in stock...... Great little projector>

New Gen 6.0 Mini H1 projectors with Mini Gun shrouds. Lots of stock email me for ordering and shipping cost if required

Xd Creations
is a registered dealer for THE RETROFIT SOURCE dealer #1709 (all parts are direct from TRS)

The new Mini bi-xenon is the first "modification free" high performance projector.
Dimensions: Max Depth: 136mm (5.35" inches) Max Height 70mm (2.75 inches) Max Width 80mm (3.14 inches) Lens Diameter 2.5 inches

Upgraded E46-R Extended shrouds

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Have you ever retro fitted some HIDs into the Hella Micro DE fogs? If so, I am interested in what kit you have to do that. Bulbs are H3

Also, I want a kit for my 2007 Nissan Frontier fog lights - H3 bulbs I believe as well.

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
I have H3 HID's in my micro de. I love them but you do lose some width but cut off is nice.

There are two types of bulbs that you can use H3c or H3

This is the H3C HID bulb below:

This is the regular H3 HID bulb below:

The H3C give you the best light spread because they have the same length as the halogen, but they don't last long.

The H3 last long but the light out put doesn't have the same width as the H3 or H3c.

Send me an email and we can talk about the Frontier.

Have you ever retro fitted some HIDs into the Hella Micro DE fogs? If so, I am interested in what kit you have to do that. Bulbs are H3

Also, I want a kit for my 2007 Nissan Frontier fog lights - H3 bulbs I believe as well.

jrdnlc

TDI
04' GTI 1.8T
How much would it cost to do a retrofit on my headlights if i overnight them to you?

I want either the FX-R or Mini D2S

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
How much would it cost to do a retrofit on my headlights if i overnight them to you?

I want either the FX-R or Mini D2S
Would you e mail me the same info? Info in my profile. Thanks

Question. There really is no sense to install these in good headlights like e codes, right? Therefore, any set of piece o' crap factory Jetta headlights will work just fine. Just put on a set of glass lenses after conversion and motor on, correct?

Last edited:

JettaSportTDi

Vendor
TDI
Jetta MK4 Sport Edition
Would you e mail me the same info? Info in my profile. Thanks

Question. There really is no sense to install these in good headlights like e codes, right? Therefore, any set of piece o' crap factory Jetta headlights will work just fine. Just put on a set of glass lenses after conversion and motor on, correct?
Not worth cutting a good set of ecodes. just sell them to recoup some of the cost of retrofitting.

Use OEM N/A lights they are easy to come by.
Send me a PM with your email addresss!