www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old August 7th, 2017, 09:13   #1786
Sky King
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Under 40 with the Cam upgrade and Malone Tune

Well, I didn't want to pollute this thread with all my other issues. I have codes from everywhere. I have the dash apart, battery removed, new fans ordered.... The A/C was the least of my concerns so I just got around to checking the fuses. I don't like that the fuse blew at all but... I will investigate further. I just want to be comfortable when I reassemble that I have sufficiently looked at root causes. You have a great thread here Dan and many of us appreciate the time you take to respond.
Question... my radiator temp reads open on all the wires and no contact with any to ground. Is that normal. Temp outside was 85 degrees and the car had not run in a few days so... I am confident the radiator was about ambient temp.
What makes the 7.5 amp fuse blow ? 2006. Could it just have been an electrical surge or something. Perhaps the A/C clutch is going out. Yes yes... I will check the ohm reading. LOL I'm just snowed under with all this. I will laugh at myself if this was the main issue... da fuse. Ha ha. I hope that is all it is but....
I got brake a light on the dash and no communication with the airbag... LOL and parts to this car everywhere. I needed PM anyway so I'm good. Thanks again for all your help.
Sky King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 15:23   #1787
Sky King
Veteran Member

Well thanks Dan !! Got the fans turnin and the A/C clutch engaged. It ain't coolin though. 70psi on the suction side at idle. I'll check it out this weekend. The Brake light on the dash is not off. yay !!

What is a decent compressor to purchase? I see a number of different ones.
Old August 17th, 2017, 20:36   #1788
Sky King
Veteran Member

Compressor replaced, dryer, expansion valve and the bug is chillin.
Old August 17th, 2017, 20:45   #1789
AnotherPerson
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1999 Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Compressor replaced, dryer, expansion valve and the bug is chillin.
What brand compressor did you get? And that's luck on what fixed your issue. I got the short straw and needed a new evaporator.

Other than hoses my whole ac system is new now. Condenser leaked a little and when the clutch got done it finished it off. Most of my parts are all denso brand including the condenser
AnotherPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 09:52   #1790
Sky King
Veteran Member

I almost purchased Denso but didn't. I did a good bit of research and ended up purchasing UAC. I had to say a Hail Mary when I bought it because Amazon said it wouldn't fit my car but my research said otherwise. It fit great an I am happy with it. Glad I found this thread as mentioned, I had cooling fan issues as well. Good Stuff !!
Old August 18th, 2017, 17:01   #1791
jagster936
Veteran Member

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480629

I'm having a really strange problem discussed here, please advise anyone! I will be working on it tonight. Why do I always get the complex ones. I have the A4 fan and AC troubleshooting guides. The AC trouble shooting one is well done! With the duty cycles and such. I'll see what I can find tonight, thanks
Old August 18th, 2017, 19:37   #1792
Sky King
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagster936 View Post
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480629

I'm having a really strange problem discussed here, please advise anyone! I will be working on it tonight. Why do I always get the complex ones.
Here is a perspective on that. You get the complex problems because you can solve all the rest... so the only problems you really have are complex ones. LOL Pat yourself on the back.

Last edited by Sky King; August 18th, 2017 at 22:01.