Injector switch time deviation

VagLoyalist

TDI
Tiguan 140 cr - Passat B6
Hi, I have a TDI PD BRE engine and in measuring block 23 I have some negative values.

I am trying to work out what this means.

Does anybody know how you relate measuring block 23 to diagnosing problems?

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
If you have a genuine VCDS you should head over to the Ross Tech forums. There are some crazy knowledgeable peeps who can help you out with your question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Hi, I have a TDI PD BRE engine and in measuring block 23 I have some negative values.
I am trying to work out what this means.
Does anybody know how you relate measuring block 23 to diagnosing problems?
Most I encounter seem to be in the negatives and all seem to be running fine. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is if you have a fuel restriction like a clogged filter, when you attempt to accelerate hard/put the engine under a high load, the numbers will spike much further negative than their baseline at idle.

So, for example, plenty of cars have a -40 to -50 reading and still seem to run fine, but if the filter is clogged, you put your foot into it driving down the road and suddenly you'll see numbers go beyond -100 and even have a shudder from the engine.

VagLoyalist

TDI
Tiguan 140 cr - Passat B6
Thanks for the replies, mine is genuine but I didn't purchase direct from ross-tech.
Ah ok, my values are 1&4 about -20, 2 is -30 and 3 is -50.
I have a slight wobble on fast idle and also it will cough every now and again on idle so was wondering if this could be pointer to a problem.