Jetta tdi cranks starts then quits

dymit6104

TDI
Jetta 2000 alh
I recently was trying to fix immobilizer problem and finally gave up and sent my ecu in to get my immobilizer deleted. It has worked perfectly for the last couple months and two days ago i washed my car off and after went to start it. And it is doing the same thing it did with immobilizer situation except my immobilizer key on my dash isnt coming on so it isnt immobilizer. Looking for any options or things to check. I did replace 109 relay and my crank position sensor. I have no rpm readings on my cluster either. Car starts for 1 second then shuts off .

Last edited:

ricohman

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon
I recently was trying to fix immobilizer problem and finally gave up and sent my ecu in to get my immobilizer deleted. It has worked perfectly for the last couple months and two days ago i washed my car off and after went to start it. And it is doing the same thing it did with immobilizer situation except my immobilizer key on my dash isnt coming on so it isnt immobilizer. Looking for any options or things to check. I did replace 109 relay and my crank position sensor. I have no rpm readings on my cluster either. Car starts for 1 second then shuts off .
My car was doing this just a couple days ago. Start for half a second then quit. After trying 10 times it finally ran.
A new battery seems to have solved the problem.