Finally part of the cool kids' club? -or- 2013 Beetle TDI!

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
So, hey there! I'm new here, but I did get to meet some of you in New Hampshire for new year's (where I had a fantastic time-belated thanks!).
While everyone I met made me feel very welcome, I didn't think I had much reason to be here, since I didn't own a TDI or know much (ok, anything) about cars (except that I like driving them really fast). However, that changed yesterday when I bought my oh-so-awesome, platinum gray metallic, fully-loaded 2013 Beetle TDI! I have been steadily falling more and more in love with it for the last 24 hours, since leaving Langhorne (thanks, Chris!) for the long drive back to Northern Virginia.
Once I figure out exactly where I should post some pics of it, I will.
In the meantime, I'm gonna start reading up to see exactly what I got myself into. Looking forward to catching up with those of you I know, and meeting more of you all at fest very soon!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Right now you are the founding member of the cool kids' club since you have the first Beetle TDI on the site and the Beetle TDI is downright awesome. :D

For those of you who don't know, spacemonkeymafia is my coworker. We road tripped up to Langhorne to pick this beauty up yesterday. :cool:

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
Right now you are the founding member of the cool kids' club since you have the first Beetle TDI on the site and the Beetle TDI is downright awesome. :D
Yes, yes it is. :) And thanks for beating me to posting pics of my own car. Oh well, yours are probably better than mine would be anyway.

For those of you who don't know, spacemonkeymafia is my coworker. We road tripped up to Langhorne to pick this beauty up yesterday. :cool:
I thought I graduated from "coworker" to an actual friend like three years ago, boss...:p Thank you for helping me convince myself to get this and for arranging the whole thing. I know you just did it cuz you're out of room in your driveway but wanted one to play with...

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yes, yes it is. :) And thanks for beating me to posting pics of my own car. Oh well, yours are probably better than mine would be anyway.

I thought I graduated from "coworker" to an actual friend like three years ago, boss...:p Thank you for helping me convince myself to get this and for arranging the whole thing. I know you just did it cuz you're out of room in your driveway but wanted one to play with...
We are definitely great friends - best friends - long lost siblings? Something like that!

Not only are we out of room in the driveway, but Jason ran out of cars to scan with his computer, so you definitely got yours just in time. :D

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
Oh man..... Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe when I finish school and get a "real job" i'll buy one and let the kids pass around the 01!!

Pretty!!!!!

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Cool kids club? How about the coolest kid in the cool kids club? That's where I would put ya right now :)

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
Nice looking car!

Looks like it's time for a dedicated forum for the 2013 Beetle.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Nice, I like the gauge pod, what does it display?
Lap timer, Oil temp (not buffered like the coolant temp gauge!), and absolute boost, IE the gauge reads 15 when the engine is running at idle. The gauge goes to 20 PSI relative / 35 PSI absolute, so when you floor it the needle just pins.

-J

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Very cool. I'd love to test drive one. Does anyone know what kind of suspension it has? Any changes to the engine? Is that a TDI badge beneath the VW logo on the back?

Rual817

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI ALH

Not fond of NB but THE NNB TDI is "Kick A**"... I want one:)

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Not fond of NB but THE NNB TDI is "Kick A**"... I want one:)
I never thought I could agree with wanting a bug of any kind (other than the old school one), but I do love this body style.

Kinda disappointed and I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like you can get the heritage wheels on the TDI? Is this true? Someone please tell me I am wrong.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You can always swap wheels later. The ones pictured are the "TDI" wheels.

AVTechMan

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Wagon
So, hey there! I'm new here, but I did get to meet some of you in New Hampshire for new year's (where I had a fantastic time-belated thanks!).
While everyone I met made me feel very welcome, I didn't think I had much reason to be here, since I didn't own a TDI or know much (ok, anything) about cars (except that I like driving them really fast). However, that changed yesterday when I bought my oh-so-awesome, platinum gray metallic, fully-loaded 2013 Beetle TDI! I have been steadily falling more and more in love with it for the last 24 hours, since leaving Langhorne (thanks, Chris!) for the long drive back to Northern Virginia.
Once I figure out exactly where I should post some pics of it, I will.
In the meantime, I'm gonna start reading up to see exactly what I got myself into. Looking forward to catching up with those of you I know, and meeting more of you all at fest very soon!
Hmm, I am glad you posted this, because I have debated on whether to try to make it to the Fest here in MI in about another week. I don't have a TDI right now and probably won't be able to afford one until next year if I can save up enough but I would figure to meet others who enjoy this particular car and learn more about the diesel model version.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
That car looks sweet. If I were in the market for another TDI Beetle, I'd be all over that. Enjoy your new ride and keep us posted on what you think of it. :D:D:D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm wondering if spacemonkeymafia's Beetle TDI will be the only one at Fest - I'm beginning to think so. I haven't seen any other members posting on the forums besides her.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Apparently that was the case when she picked it up. I'm sure there are more by now.

booksgamesvideos

Troy Heagy troll/alias Banned
TDI
beetle
I'm driving over to the Volkswagen dealer next week to order my New Beetle 2.0. I want leather seats, manual transmission, and some environmentally-friendly color. Like green. :) I hope they don't make me pay more than MSRP.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Green is not an available color on the Beetle.