700 Mile club Who's in?

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I was at the same exact range when I passed by my Sunoco and thought maybe I'll cruise around long enough to nail the 700 marker and then pump up, but decided to roll the dice and took it 30 miles into work.

Now, the light will probably come on as soon as I stab the ignition, but traffic providing, I should easily make the ride home. The other thing I did, which I forgot to mention in my last post, was that I didn't get into 5th gear unless I was over 40 mph and was going to be for some time.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Quakertown GTG: That would be cool. It's only a sprint up 309 from Sellersville.

What night? Can you shoot me over directions?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

you go up 309 north into Quakertown. Continue north after the Routes 313/663/309 intesection in Q-town, The next traffic light is a Strip mall entertenence, make a right. You will see Nestor's sporting Goods. We meet on Wednesday Nights. A good time to show is around 8pm.

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Still on the same tank from my last post and now up to 721.1 with the light just about to come on.

Implemented some of the advice I have read on this board and OMG!

ie.

Consistent shifts between 2,000 and 3,000 rpm's
Max. cruising speed 55 to 60 mph
Neutral coasting in downhills, etc.
Windows up, a/c on

I have about a 30 mile ride home, I am going for 750.X !

LONG LIVE THE TDI!
You should coast downhill in gear, you would use less fuel.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Really? I would have thought the opposite since my neutral RPM's at idle are lower than when in gear?

gdr703

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2 door 2002 Indigo
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Really? I would have thought the opposite since my neutral RPM's at idle are lower than when in gear?
When youre in over-run the engine is consuming no fuel at all.

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
:)2002 A4 TDI , 2006 A5:)
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I used to be in the club but I just installed my Sprint 520 nozzles. I just can't keep my right foot off the gas...
. Still get 650 miles though...

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I would gather the 700 mile club is for PD'ers only, the 800 mile club should be what pre-2004 TDI'ers shoot for unless of course u cheat like watercop and his 6th gear or possess a rolling fuel farm like Rammstien

best I have managed is 787....coulda, shoulda, woulda....this summer for sure!

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

On my ride home I am going to vent it to the brim, from there home is about 5 miles beyond the Sunoco. With 90 degree temps today do I run any risks of shutting it down right after fueling up that much? I ask because I thought I read something early-on in my TDI-ownership about this being a no-no.

mobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

On my ride home I am going to vent it to the brim, from there home is about 5 miles beyond the Sunoco. With 90 degree temps today do I run any risks of shutting it down right after fueling up that much? I ask because I thought I read something early-on in my TDI-ownership about this being a no-no.
Shouldn't be a problem. I bet when you get home, if you look down the filler neck you won't see any fuel.

LagoonBlueTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6sp
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

700+ miles per tank (without the low fuel warning going off) is routine.

I could probably do 800 miles, but I'm too chicken to go very far after the low fuel buzzer goes off.

I don't see a whole lot of difference in my fuel economy between driving like "Dear Old Grandma" vs driving like "Tyrone the car theif".

So I just drive it in a fun manner, and "settle" for ~650 - 700 miles per tank...

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I would gather the 700 mile club is for PD'ers only, the 800 mile club should be what pre-2004 TDI'ers shoot for unless of course u cheat like watercop and his 6th gear or possess a rolling fuel farm like Rammstien

HAhemmm...800 miles????????????????

Sorry, never been in that club.

Must be mistaken with some of you guys with "A" models...

My lowest tank got me in the 1000 miles club.

My last tank put me in the 1200 miles club.

This present tank should get me very high in the 1200 miles club or even the exquisite 1300 miles club.

I'm an official member of the 1300 miles club BTW.

Today 1400 km turned with 30 litres left (870 miles and 7.92 gallons left), so I'm not doing so bad...

Could be better though!

No plugz, first time in the 1100 miles club?

Don't see anything other than B4's in that club, let me tell ya.

You have pictures to prove it though?

I do.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

All said and done..... Light came on at 738.1 and I took it to 757.2 before I called it quits.

Funny? My wife didn't get the same rush we do out of this adventure? Go figure? Her response was more like "Is this so you can brag with all your TDI buddies?" Am I that transparent?

Happy Fathers Day my friends,

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
700 Mile club Who\'s in? Update!

I consistly get over 50 mpg (overall average is 50.95 mpg). So, that translates to about 13.7389 gallons for 700 miles. I have taken mine past the 700 mile mark 31 times (now 33 times)
in the past two years. Three of those were past the 800 mile mark with several past the 750 mile mark
Also, I have taken several past the 675 mile mark. Those would have been 700+ if it hadn't been for the location of my favorite fuel stop (Shell) in relation to my driving needs.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Just hit 700 miles on this last tank! something like 710ish miles with 15 gallons and about 48 MPG. I'm in!

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I made it. 827 miles/15.09 gallons/54.8 mpg. Last two tanks of fuel have been Cenex Roadmaster XL, low sulphur, premium diesel. I'm adding 2 oz of Canola oil additive and 4 oz of Standyne yet in my testing.
I have to say, at 19k miles, my car is really running nice and solid and very quiet too.
My driving doesnt' vary much, mostly to work (10 miles) and local driving with some work related driving as well. Speed limits obeyed here in WI, havne't driven over 65 on this tank, can't afford the tickets either.
If I can get 53-55 mpg in non winter driving, me thinks I'll keep the car.
Good news, I ran the car to the empty mark (it's vented) and I still had about 1-1.5 gallons left based on everyone saying vented tanks hold 16.5 or so gallons. Close enough for me, but could have hit the 900 mark.

Coulee kid Just plain happy.

Groundhog1248

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue 2015 Golf TDI 6 Speed SEL
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

795.5 when the light came on. 837.1 mi. 15.04 gallons and 55.6 mpg. My best tank to date. That's driving 65-70mph 85-90% highway. I'm hoping to get a 900mi tank this summer. If I could drive 55mph for entire tank 1000 would not be out of the question.

tiesel

TDI
former owner Golf A4
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I don't have much to say, since others are getting amazing fuel mileage, but I reached 719 miles and I'm a proud member. Somebody should come up with club stickers
900-1000 miles takes so much patience and endurance. We'll see if I ever make it.

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

HAhemmm...800 miles????????????????

Sorry, never been in that club.

Must be mistaken with some of you guys with "A" models...

My lowest tank got me....
Yea, yea, yea, I know you pre-98 Passat owners are mileage deities
I meant to say "...the 800 mile AND ABOVE clubS should be what pre-2004 TD..."

In fact, when I am extolling the virtues of the TDI to the uninitiated, YOUR kick-butt mileage numbers often get a mention (though usually even just saying "700 miles on a tank" is enough to elicit that fairly typical
reaction

lcornice

TDI
2009 Jetta 6spd
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

802! Tank's been ventectomied and it took 15.4 gallons to fill. Mostly highway driving in the 70-75 mph range. Didn't do anything special around town. Next ... 900!

--------------------------------------------------------
2000 Jetta GLS TDI 5 spd
1999 Ford F250 PSD 6 spd

dkinpa

700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I now have 2600 miles on my 04 jetta and just got 700 miles on a tank without ever touching a highway, in fact it never has been on the highway. I typically drive 50% suburban, 25% urban and 25% rural. I was determined to make 700 and got to the station with 698 so I drove past and came back....just to make it official. Gotta love the fuel cost savings with this car....a whole lot betta than my F-150 supercab!!!!!!!!!!!

jdonsbach

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI, silver/black
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

It would be easier to count how many times I haven't hit 700. If I don't make 700, I start wondering what is wrong.

My best is 780 or so I think. IIRC, I filled about 15.7 gallons (venting). I was a little nervous there before I found a place to fill up. ;-)

Still trying for the 800 mile club though.

Jetta4Me

Veteran Member
Southeast Georgia, between Savannah and Macon
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI, 5-speed,. Purchased April, 2004.
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Im in now! My first road trip was from Vidalia Georgia to Fayetteville NC. Total round trip miles 701 on one tank. Average highway speed was 70mph. 13.5 gallons to fill the tank when I got back. 51 mpg. I LOVE THIS CAR !

mkosem

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDi
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Well, Just got back from NYC. I finally hit 703 miles on my return trip(about 1/3 way home). I filled up at the exit 156 Pilot station on RT80 in PA with 13.8gal of diesel. 90% of the trip on the way there was at 80+mph with about 150mi over 100mph. I think the part I took a hit on was in jersey(rediculous trafic on the jersey turmpike for some reason). I'm really stoked about this mileage!

--Matt

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

704 is my record

I was feeling pretty stoked considering I sit in 15 minutes of traffic everyday commuting from Glendora, CA to Santa Clarita and back. Automatic MKIV Golf!!! It took 15.5 when I filled it....I've been filling at the same station, and filling it to the point of being able to stick my finger in the fill neck and touch fuel....45.4 mpg ain't too shaby for an auto with 18k miles!