FS: 2000 Golf 4 door ALH/02J, 501K miles - asking $750.

whitebelly

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
Man, I haven't logged on here in like 10 years!

I'm selling my 2000 Golf GLS with just over 501,000 miles...
Original engine and turbo (3rd actuator)
Trans was swapped for a rebuilt around 380K, and includes taller 5th gear
it also has the 11mm injector pump, and the ECU is tuned with an UpSolute chip. The Alternator is only a few weeks old, and is genuine VW.
I don't remember the brand, but I have the aluminum skid plate installed, and a Nuspeed rear stabilizer.
Also available to the buyer (if wanted) I have an extra hood, an extra front bumper skin, and 4 badly curb-rashed 17" TT 6-spoke wheels.

My plan for the past year or so was to take it to 500K, then buy something else, so, I admit, I've been neglecting some of the maintenance.

So- Unless the buyer just wants the car for the parts, immediate work needed would be timing belt (it's a 100k belt, but I'm over. The belt looks to be in good shape though. No frayed edges) and drive axles (the boots are torn, and joints are clicking)

sooner-than-later, the suspension will need some work, and the exhaust will need to be replaced.

in addition, there's a couple of "minor annoyance" electrical issues such as- the 3rd brake light doesn't work, the rear wiper is always on, the dome lights work intermittently, and driver's side windows have trouble going up.

ASIDE FROM ALL THAT, it still runs great, there's no CEL, and I regularly get between 625-650 miles per tank.

As opposed to photos, I made this youtube video detailing everything I mentioned above. Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d78S1MnizSw

I'd love to see it go to a fellow TDI enthusiast!

jeff@mcm

TDI
02 a6 4.2, 99 a6 avant, jeeps and trucks
also pm'd a few days ago with no response, bought something else though...