FS: CLEAN 2000 Golf GLS TDI 5-Speed

DCubed

TDI
'11 E350BTC
Guys,

This one is CLEAN!!!! I just went out to check it out and expected a bit of a rough car, and was floored when I went out to see it, straight body, great paint, amazing interior, I hope someone off here gets this car!

2000 Golf TDI (WOB Build)
White/Beige Cloth
Moonroof
CD Changer
Alloys

Heres the kicker.

73275 on the clock.

$12980+tax and tags

The car runs smooth and started right up, it just got a fresh synthetic oil change, and is ready to go!

Call my cel if you have any questions.

Derek @ Commonwealth VW
949-903-5156 Cel, call me here as I just came here from McKenna (Finally free!!!) and they are still learning if I work here and being in the internet department doesnt help because I am in my office and not visible to most.

KROUT

persona non grata
Its to bad that its 3000 over priced. You would have to be a fool to pay that for a 2000 model car. You can get a 2003 FOR THAT PRICE.

DCubed

TDI
'11 E350BTC
Since its CA, we have to pay all the money and then some for our cars, ask Harvieux....the TDI market is stong here in CA, hell, I had to pay over sticker for a 2006 when I bought mine (mine was bought CPO to boot), but I see you are in FL, and in a TDI state where prices are better, simply because you all have had the cars.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Be patient

DCubed said:
Since its CA, we have to pay all the money and then some for our cars, ask Harvieux....the TDI market is stong here in CA, hell, I had to pay over sticker for a 2006 when I bought mine (mine was bought CPO to boot), but I see you are in FL, and in a TDI state where prices are better, simply because you all have had the cars.
Within the next 6 months there will be new VW diesels for sale in CA.
Be patient.
$13,000 for an 8 year old Golf. Not the best value.

Jamos

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SW
Oberkanone said:
Be patient.
Is that really true? Can you post a link to some info? Sorry if everyone knows this already...
:cool:

DCubed

TDI
'11 E350BTC
Oberkanone said:
Be patient.
You act like I dont already know this, but this is the market NOW, not in 6 months when the cars are here, and who knows, TDIs have always been strong in CA, with CARBs fickle mind, we may not get the cars, or only get them for two years which will jack prices skyward again, the car will sell at the $13K point, maybe $12K, because its a great example of the car, if it was rougher, then it would be in the 4 digit category, I am pretty well versed in the new TDI and always learning more about the one I own, I put this one up for people looking for one, but wasnt expecting the firing squad, sheesh!!!

MODS: Please Delete this thread.

madman91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi--upgraded to a wrx
DCubed said:
You act like I dont already know this, but this is the market NOW, not in 6 months when the cars are here, and who knows, TDIs have always been strong in CA, with CARBs fickle mind, we may not get the cars, or only get them for two years which will jack prices skyward again, the car will sell at the $13K point, maybe $12K, because its a great example of the car, if it was rougher, then it would be in the 4 digit category, I am pretty well versed in the new TDI and always learning more about the one I own, I put this one up for people looking for one, but wasnt expecting the firing squad, sheesh!!!

You would probably be better off pm'ing the mods to delete it, i doubt they search through all threads to find someone requesting a delete.

TDI
none, yet...
DCubed said:
He has a point. I've been looking for weeks and unless the car has over 150,000 miles, they never drop below $12K (or they have auto trans... ugh). Don't believe me? Go to cars.com and search for 500 miles around 90210 zip. They don't become fair priced until you hit Airzona. Almost any diesel vehicle in California will cost more than the same vehicle a state or two away. Thanks C.A.R.B. ! You guys rock! After killing the electric car you squeezed diesels almost out of our reach.:mad:

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Firing Squad

DCubed said:

Firing squad is reserved for discussions of cam wear and proper oil.

You are too thin skinned. Sheesh!!

It is a 7-8 year old Golf. I'm not stopping people in CA that want to spend $13K on a used Golf that was less than $19K new. You described the vehicle, posted a price and posted your contact information.

Buyer seeking this type of vehicle will pay the market price and will not be scared away by a few critics.

TDI
none, yet...
I don't see where this guy is out of line here. Go to kbb.com and enter the information for zip 92705 (where the dealer is located) and see the price you get. I found that a retail priced Golf GLS TDI with moonroof and alloy wheels was priced at $12,885. So it is over priced, by $105.

You honestly can't compare used TDI prices from the rest of the country with southern California. Also, don't even get me started on the real estate market here! :(

KROUT

persona non grata
Wait till 2009 when vw has new tdi's out. Also 2009 honda will have there version out. Lets see what that does for resale any where in the us. The honda is suposed to has 138hp/250lbs of torque.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Rabbit

CityConnection said:
I don't see where this guy is out of line here. Go to kbb.com and enter the information for zip 92705 (where the dealer is located) and see the price you get. I found that a retail priced Golf GLS TDI with moonroof and alloy wheels was priced at $12,885. So it is over priced, by $105.

You honestly can't compare used TDI prices from the rest of the country with southern California. Also, don't even get me started on the real estate market here! :(
Derek is not out of line with his price, the market is out of line due to CARB shenanigans.

Looking at this a different way...

$16,130 including destination is base price for 2008 Rabbit 5 speed manual.

8 years newer with a warranty if you can stand drive a gasoline engine vehicle. California price is comparable to rest of the US.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
DCubed said:
Derek, I have been going through this stuff till blue in the face here for years now and what you are experiencing here is one of a few reasons I do not offer my TDI's FS here any longer and for quite some time now. Most of the veteran member's here are pretty darn saavy and have some skills in buying TDI's due to the tremendous amount of input available here on this venue. Most still do not realize that the few credible P.O. TDI dealer's we have here just can't sell these prime examples for a hobbiest's price .:rolleyes: Sure, they have enough skills to eventually find a decent vehicle for less and also have the skills to bring that decent vehicle up to our standards ("our" meaning this venue's member's standards). Most however, do not realize that there is tremendous costs of doing business involved in this game and therefore they really have no clue as to the true market values as opposed to the private party scene. All I can tell you is don't get bummed and even though the vehicle you are offering sounds really decent, most here think they should be able to steal it. ;) Later!

Harvieux

TDI
KROUT said:
Wait till 2009 when vw has new tdi's out. Also 2009 honda will have there version out. Lets see what that does for resale any where in the us. The honda is suposed to has 138hp/250lbs of torque.
I have responded to this comment many times as well but, a good example may be way back when many were saying "just wait till the B5's come out, those B4's will drop like a rock!" Well, I need not say any more? :rolleyes: Later!

Fourdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Touareg V10 TDI
Oberkanone said:
Be patient.
As I understand the situation from talking to several M-B dealers in So CA, starting next Jan, new car dealers will be able to LEASE diesels (24 mo lease only) purchase at the end of the lease will NOT be an option:eek:. Until, and after, then any diesel purchased (and licensed) in CA will have to have a minimum of 7500 mi on the clock.

TDI
none, yet...
Oberkanone said:
Derek is not out of line with his price, the market is out of line due to CARB shenanigans.
Another thing I forgot to mention about California prices being silly is diesel flippers, or dippers as I call them. They got wind of the biodiesel and WVO/SVO thing and started buying up all the diesel cars they could find. Then they started selling them with lines like "save the world, use oil from Burger King, free fuel!" and the like and turned them over for around for 2 to 3 times the price, hell, even 5 times isn't unheard of.

My favorite example are the MBZ wagons. 5 years ago you could hardly give one away, now these "super rare" diesel cars go for 5K to 15K. :rolleyes:

And lets be honest here, your mid 70's 240D isn't worth $2500. No matter how much you "invested" in it. No, not even a new engine is worth it.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
CityConnection said:
... And lets be honest here, your mid 70's 240D isn't worth $2500. No matter how much you "invested" in it. No, not even a new engine is worth it.
In good condition, I beg to differ.

TDI
none, yet...
RC said:
In good condition, I beg to differ.
Thats the thing, these cars have sun beaten interiors, have had God knows what run through the injector pump, and hover around 250-350K miles. These are not show winners by any stretch of the imagination, well, any shows I've been to. You'd be hard pressed to find a car you wouldn't mind giving you mother a ride in.

That being said, I did see an almost immaculate 1968 MBZ diesel (with those nifty little fins in the back) for sale with an asking price of $1200. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but exceptions don't make the rule.

I need to stop replying to this thread, I'm not contributing to the sale in any way.:(

Harvieux

TDI
CityConnection said:
Another thing I forgot to mention about California prices being silly is diesel flippers, or dippers as I call them. They got wind of the biodiesel and WVO/SVO thing and started buying up all the diesel cars they could find. Then they started selling them with lines like "save the world, use oil from Burger King, free fuel!" and the like and turned them over for around for 2 to 3 times the price, hell, even 5 times isn't unheard of.

My favorite example are the MBZ wagons. 5 years ago you could hardly give one away, now these "super rare" diesel cars go for 5K to 15K. :rolleyes:

And lets be honest here, your mid 70's 240D isn't worth $2500. No matter how much you "invested" in it. No, not even a new engine is worth it.
Not to mention horrendously expensive suspension bushings that are rotted beyond belief both front and rear. :rolleyes: Does the phrase "you truly only get what you pay for" compute? Later!

Harvieux

TDI
I mean if you guys really want to bash CA dealer prices, try this one. However, read the description very carefully and also take in consideration the unbeatable condition from a bumper to bumper standpoint, unbeatable and documented service history along with a complete go through that others can only dream of obtaining elsewhere.;) Once all is computed, ask yourself how much better you could really do once all is said and done acquiring one even close on your own. :rolleyes: Know whadda mean?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/426060641.html

www.vwtdionly.com

and if you have the time, it's also listed on www.autotrader.com under zip code: 92833 to weed through all the other POS listings. ;) Heheheh! Later!