www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old Yesterday, 06:09   #136
tadawson
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
No, they have offered to correct their mistake, in at least one case, by buying the car back at well above fair market value. The former owner can then go onto the open market and buy another car - even another TDI.
Wonderful! They offer to ram you even deeper, and someone actually considers that a solution? Amazing . . . .

Consider this: There is no legal requirement to take the fix. They are also required to continue to service unfixed cars (and cannot mandate the fix to get service) . . . a couple of facts that I think we can all agree on.

Am I the only one that has noticed, that because of that, that ECU, TCM's, etc. must then obviously be stocked in pre-fix configurations? Thus making this entire issue as simple as dropping in one or two modules that they clearly have?

Something just doesn't make a lot of sense on this . . .
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13   #137
tadawson
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerschm View Post
Please take your abusive language someplace else. you are not helping this discussion at all.

This is a technical hiccup.

it is not rape.

you trivialize sexual assault by such casual use of the term.

and just in case there is any further discussion, know that there is an option on this site's User CP to edit a per-user ignore list. I have added tadawson to my list, since I have seen nothing he has posted of any interest.
I apologize if my being open and honest offends you. Both are a personal violation against the victim's will, so to me, the term fits . . . Myself, I prefer open to PC any day, and will not degrade myself with the PC agenda . . . sorry . . .
Old Yesterday, 06:50   #138
newbury
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg8 View Post
Hey Everyone!
This thread took an interesting turn. While I am actually interested in all of the non-affected forum members opinions/suggestions/arguments, it did convolute the thread somewhat.
Based off what I have seen, we have five members that are affected by this issue, in the sense that their cars are currently bricked:
- meerschm
- mpriolo
- Woza
- Howie09TDI?
- Myself
And one member who has requested the fix and been turned down due to the issue at appointment:
- adrienne
Am I missing anybody in either category? If so, please DM me!
I am going to be reaching out to you in a private group message (or individually, if this system doesn't allow for direct group messages) with some information from the plaintiff lawyers I have spoken with.
Just post it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
Why not just post it? That is what the forum is for. Taking the info private robs everyone else that may encounter the issue of a solution.
Like lightflyer wrote, Meg8 you have no knowledge of how many of us are lurking here trying to decide to turn it in, go for the fix or just ignore it all.
Old Yesterday, 08:44   #139
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

****show.

Everything summed up in one word!

I'm sorry there are people negatively affected by this issue. These owners purchased a specific car, for a specific reason. VWOA should do their best to put them in a reasonably similar car to the one(s) they are holding hostage.

I suggest that everyone keep copius notes and record the name of every person, every call and every tidbit they receive from anyone associated with VW. I would be calling once a week, the squeeky wheel get the grease.

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:10   #140
fookin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
I apologize if my being open and honest offends you. Both are a personal violation against the victim's will, so to me, the term fits . . . Myself, I prefer open to PC any day, and will not degrade myself with the PC agenda . . . sorry . . .
Apologizing for elevating your torment to the level of actual rape victims torment and then taking it back and stating you won't be political or correct about it. You make no sense.
fookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:39   #141
tadawson
Veteran Member

First, I didn't take anything back. It was more of a cynical comment about how the PC crowd can't deal with open, honest, and free expression of opinion . . .
Old Today, 06:05   #142
740GLE
Veteran Member

Don't mess with tejas!
740GLE is online now   Reply With Quote