Rear View Mirror Replacement

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Has anyone replaced their mirror on a 2015 GSW TDI with the OEM Enhanced Rear View Mirror with Homelink (VW Part # 000072548C). I wanted to make sure it was compatible with my car, before I start looking into purchasing it. Thanks!

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Added t your question, is there a rear view that would articulate to sit closer to the head liner? The current one [auto lights and wipers] sits too low and almost blocks some of my vision to the upper right. TIA.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Just installed the "C" version over the weekend on the Alltrack SE (rain sensor no DAP). I can state the new mirror does sit closer to the head liner, I needed to dermal out the OEM mirror cover, to make up for the 1/2 - 3/4 inch closer.

Took me just over 2 hours but no broken trim, A pillar wasn't bad just gotta slide the xmas tree clips out.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Same one I installed, hardest part was prob the A pillar removal.

There's a bunch of DIYs out there.

This one was spot on

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-a-pillar-trim-removal/

Big thing for success is pulling the pillar out to it's "service position" then slide the two clips up and out of the pillar with a small flathead screw driver, then it's a matter of just working the pillar away to feed the wire up the little triangle window shroud.

Again for the C rev I did have to dremal out the shroud as the new mirror sits closer to the head liner.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Yep, as 740GLE mentioned, really pretty easy; just followed one of the many online DIY's. I didn't have to do any modifying in my case.