Those with VW tire wheel coverage

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
So I have a slow leak the dealer said not covered they plug it and charge me I said BS i want a new tire Im paying for the coverage. anyone run into this trying to use wheel and tire coverage? I would think anything happens to them I do not have to pay.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
What "coverage" are you talking about? Something extra you purchased? The car has no warranty on tires, tires have their own warranty (which is why there is a separate booklet in the manual from whatever tire manufacturer your car's tires came from). And those never cover any road hazard type problems. Just for defects in the tire itself.

If you bought something extra, like a road hazard warranty, that would be in your book that came with that. On ours we sell here it is just a couple page foldout thing. I'd never buy one myself, but I don't get flats and if I did I could repair it myself.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Some dealers push wheel insurance coverage for wheels that get damaged by pot holes, etc. Expensive, fairly worthless unless you bend one beyond repair.

Not sure if this is what the OP is talking about.

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
it all depends on who you have coverage through. Some pay for simple plug's, patches etc. Some cover cosmetic to rims, some need the rim to be bent/cracked etc. It also depends on where the object is. Generally you don't want to plug or patch from the last rain groove to the sidewall and run flats per manufacturer should not be plugged but have seen it done and with normal results

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
yes it's the VW road hazard tire and wheel protection plan and it sucks so no one buy it. Sales guy totally BS'd me saying it covers everything but it doesn't. It might pay for itself as in my passat I bent 3 rims, dirt roads up here beat rims

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Just because the dealer sells it doesn't mean its "VW". Live an learn.

Did you also buy the extended power train warranty too?