Canadian parts dealer online - anyone know 'em?

AVE_ENG

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Atlantic Blue
Canadian parts dealer online - anyone know \'em?

Altrom Group

A friend referred me to them. They have a comprehensive list of parts for almost any import. Prices look reasonable, ie., $13 CAD for oil filter. Is $57 CAD for a fuel filter a good price?

Anyone here deal with them before?

intensity

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta/02/Galaxy Blue

You've gotta watch the oil filters see here and $57 is alot for a fuel filter (i think) i buy mine (WIX filter) from NAPA for 23 bucks canadian.

AVE_ENG

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Atlantic Blue

$57 was for the Mann filter. They showed $48 for a Bosch.

I don't know anything about the WIX filters, are they good?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon

Brian Harrison from Roselant Technical Services can get anything from that site for a lot less. Mann Fuel filter is C$38 & the Bosch is $35. And he only charges one tax (GST), so even with the shipping, its way cheaper. Here is his website: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/roseland/

If you want anything from the Altrom site, just send him an e-mail with the part# and he will get you a price. His prices are usually cheaper than the Altrom price AFTER he adds the tax & shipping. PLus, he is a great guy to deal with.

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil

I've looked around, called around...and Brian H is the lowest priced OEM supplier of goods ( local to us, meaning not having to worry about duty charges) that I have found thus far..."mainmanstan" or "Stan the man" on EBay has some good prices too, but cannot get everything like Brian can

example...front wheel bearing...
VW OEM = $90 B4 tax & I have to pick it up.
Brian's = $40 shipped to my door....

and these items were EXACTLY the same, identical part numbers....

btw, some locals post when ordering from brian to try and combine shipping...then hook up at a gtg to get their parts...

AVE_ENG

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Atlantic Blue

THanks so much for that info. It's tough finding online or any parts local that we don't need to pay duty for. If anyone knows of others, shout 'em out!

dieseltwo

Veteran Member

Is there any one in Toronto to Barrie area that sell parts cheap and good quality. Have been to some and they leave a lot to be desired.[Dieseltwo]

rkrueger

I would recommend a Bosch or Mann any day over the Wix. I compare Wix to Purolator or Fram....not great company. The price is right, but if you can afford it go with the Bosch. Altrom is a big Canadian chain and has a lot to offer. Check with local garages and if they carry Altrom as a supplier you can usually get a deal from retail!

NeXTstep guy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver

[ QUOTE ]
Brian Harrison from Roselant Technical Services can get anything from that site for a lot less. Mann Fuel filter is C$38 & the Bosch is $35. And he only charges one tax (GST), so even with the shipping, its way cheaper. Here is his website: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/roseland/
[snip]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between the two fuel filters? Which do you prefer?
RWW

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[snip]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between the two fuel filters? Which do you prefer?
RWW

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are OEM, so no worries about which one to buy. I bought the Bosch to save a few bucks, but AFAIK, they are identical in construction & quality.