vacumme pump noise?

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
2013, 2002 jetta, 06 tdi jetta
Hello folks, your are already helping with another issue on the engine light issue. Got a new one, this car is new to me but I have owned a bunch of TDI' s. I have a vacuum pump or something running under neath the glove box area, intermittently turns on and off. I have never seen this before and have no clue what this could be! Anybody have a clue.

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Hello folks, OIL-HAMMER has been fantastic. Problem is I got the glove box out, and you were correct about those hidden screw. My problem now is I can see the motor on the re circulation flapper, you stated it was held in with a plastic bracket. Holy cow, how do you get to it. Its buried way back in there, looks like I need to remove a bunch more stuff, or I'm I just stupid

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay folks, I posted this several weeks ago, oil hammer answered my question. That guru is great, the problem is my post disappeared . so 90% of my post is gone, so Im revisiting. Id pm oil hammer, but don't have a clue how to that! There was a lot of comments from good folks, but its gone. Thanks to all of you.