www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub


Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 9th, 2019, 02:53   #181
SkilledMilk
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Glasgow
Default

Matrix replacement shouldn't cost too much if done by an independent garage as it's a couple hours labour + the part. The main dealers quotes in the £1000's are based on it being a dashboard out job, which is not the case. You could always have a go yourself!
SkilledMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:03   #182
dejvid
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Czech republic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adyzds View Post
Haven't replaced the heater core yet.
But I drove it 2-3k km and I was checking the DPF regeneration and afterwars I turned the heat on HI.
Result: not a single drop of coolant lost
Hi, can you explain the effect of switching the heater to HI?
Do you switch the heating on HI during regeneration or after? How long?
Thanks for the reply
dejvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:47   #183
Spipa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): Mk 7 GTD
Default

Hi guys, an update from me:

After replacing the heater core, the heating worked perfect again. In the first couple of days, the coolant kept getting lower and lower, even after a short 10 min drive. I honestly felt devastated and paniced a little bit lol. But after like 3/4 days, the coolant level has stopped dropping and since then I have driven now about 1500km with multiple DPF regens and lost not a single drop of coolant since then. I am 100% certain that my problems have been fixed.

I would advise you guys to replace the heater core yourself, it is an easy job and only need 2 or 3 tools. When replacing it yourself, the cost will be €90 in total (just the heater core).
Spipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:48   #184
Kennyboy993
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Leeds
Default

Thanks for the update.

I have mine booked in for new matrix on Monday. I will report back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kennyboy993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:51   #185
Spipa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): Mk 7 GTD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy993 View Post
Thanks for the update.

I have mine booked in for new matrix on Monday. I will report back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck! How much have you been quoted for the replacement?
Spipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:52   #186
Kennyboy993
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Leeds
Default

Around £550 all in by volks works in Leeds.

I’ll let you know final cost


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kennyboy993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:54   #187
Spipa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): Mk 7 GTD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy993 View Post
Around £550 all in by volks works in Leeds.

I’ll let you know final cost


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alright, I hope it will solve all your problems aswell!
Spipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 17:54   #188
BirdmanofTas
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spipa View Post
Hi guys, an update from me:
After replacing the heater core, the heating worked perfect again. In the first couple of days, the coolant kept getting lower and lower, even after a short 10 min drive. I honestly felt devastated and paniced a little bit lol. But after like 3/4 days, the coolant level has stopped dropping and since then I have driven now about 1500km with multiple DPF regens and lost not a single drop of coolant since then. I am 100% certain that my problems have been fixed.
I would advise you guys to replace the heater core yourself, it is an easy job and only need 2 or 3 tools. When replacing it yourself, the cost will be €90 in total (just the heater core).
Hi @Spipa, some dropping of the coolant level is to be expected, as the system will take a little time to fill all the little air pockets left by the expulsion of the coolant when the issue occurs.. mine dropped from above the high mark on the tank to just below half way between min and max, but has stayed there for the approx 4000Ks since..
BirdmanofTas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2019, 04:26   #189
Spipa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): Mk 7 GTD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanofTas View Post
Hi @Spipa, some dropping of the coolant level is to be expected, as the system will take a little time to fill all the little air pockets left by the expulsion of the coolant when the issue occurs.. mine dropped from above the high mark on the tank to just below half way between min and max, but has stayed there for the approx 4000Ks since..
Hi BirdmanofTas,

I did read about others having their coolant level drop slightly after replacing the heater core, so at first I did not think weird about it. But in those 3 days the coolant went from max to below min like 3 times, that is why I started to worry lol.
Spipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2019, 06:28   #190
AdrianC
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Ireland
TDI(s): Golf VII GTD
Default

Since replacing the core in mine, I've done 2000km approx and only now am I topping up the coolant level. Notice a slight drop off but nothing significant (about 200ml).
This was to be expected to squeeze out any air pockets.
I hope not to be filling it again for a long time.
Ill do a coolant flush during my next service - just to be sure.
I can tentatively say the issued is fixed.....
AdrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 02:48   #191
Kennyboy993
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Leeds
Default

New matrix fitted and so far so good - 400 miles since and no loss of coolant at all.

Heater much more powerful also which is a bonus


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kennyboy993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:47   #192
Kamei1507
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Holland
Default

Had my cooling system flushed again cold air on non drivers side. Heater works full now. But still have oil temperature problems 120 degrees when driving 140/150 km/h before heater matrix problems 108 degrees think my oil cooler is bugged whith same crap that has the heater matrix plugged. I think eventualy i have to swap it too.
Kamei1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 12:14   #193
mm-rocco
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): MK7 GTD 2016
Default

After 5000km i have coolant-issues again. This time the coolant is not blown out after a DPF. The coolantlevel drops under minimum and the an alert is generated on the MFA. As soon as i loose the cap pressure is released and the coolantlevel rises again. I am thinking of the EGR-cooler now.....


I am still confident that the heater matrix was related to my problem, being the first part



https://youtu.be/Mi3BnMo_F7g

https://youtu.be/j9cVRIpoMP0

https://youtu.be/KYPoK3WRado

Last edited by mm-rocco; October 24th, 2019 at 12:17.
mm-rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 16:57   #194
Spipa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): Mk 7 GTD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm-rocco View Post
After 5000km i have coolant-issues again. This time the coolant is not blown out after a DPF. The coolantlevel drops under minimum and the an alert is generated on the MFA. As soon as i loose the cap pressure is released and the coolantlevel rises again. I am thinking of the EGR-cooler now.....


I am still confident that the heater matrix was related to my problem, being the first part



https://youtu.be/Mi3BnMo_F7g

https://youtu.be/j9cVRIpoMP0

https://youtu.be/KYPoK3WRado
Dang, you’re really out of luck.. has the dealer inspected your car again? What did they say?
Spipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2019, 21:26   #195
mm-rocco
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Netherlands
TDI(s): MK7 GTD 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spipa View Post
Dang, you’re really out of luck.. has the dealer inspected your car again? What did they say?

Obvious the EGR-Cooler....inspecting the EGR is almost half the price of replacing the EGR. My dealership see's this as the next logical step.

Last edited by mm-rocco; October 26th, 2019 at 23:14.
mm-rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coolant Expansion Tank Kray-Z VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs 4 January 11th, 2011 08:15
Coolant Expansion Jug Cap wny_pat VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 2 June 10th, 2006 09:36
Dirt in coolant expansion tank? Diesel Addict TDI 101 54 May 22nd, 2006 01:13
Coolant expansion reservoir.. silverbeast VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 6 September 29th, 2005 12:39
coolant leak from expansion tank? Platinumbird30 TDI 101 4 January 27th, 2004 17:02


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.17354 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 125.96 Kb. compressed to 105.53 Kb. by saving 20.43 Kb. (16.22%)]