Slippery Pedals

elitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GL Wheat Beige
Is it just me, or is the clutch pedal allergic to water on the bottom of my shoe?? Almost any time its raining, I have a heck of a time keeping my foot from slipping off the pedal and "dumping" the clutch. I'm ready to cut apart one of those tin cheese grater/potato slicer kitchen tools, and wrap the pedal in that spiked metal, so it can bite into the sole of my shoe. Anyone know of good sticky pedal covers I can buy?? The go pedal and brake pedal I can tolerate... but if my foot slips off the clutch one more time, I'm afraid I may do something drastic

Thanks for any help!!

cage

Top Post Dawg
That happens to me from time to time. It all depends of the type of material your shoe sole is made of. Some of my shoes slip some don't.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
My thoughts exactly. Try changing shoe type and see if you still have a problem.

SilverTDIGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
I too have this problem sometimes, and my foot goes sliding off onto the arm of the pedal and lurches the car forward. Quite annoying! I have just changed the way I step on the pedal when wet and if I'm careful, I tend to be able to avoid this.
Those aluminum pedals that cover the original ones do help from what my neighbor says. (He has them) But who knows.. Best thing is to try what works best for you.

elitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GL Wheat Beige
I wear tennis shoes most of the time. Multiple pairs have slipped, along with work boots. I like that idea of bolting a pair right onto the pedal

Thanks for all the suggestions! I just had to vent