new photo gallery page

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
well someone inspired me to get off my butt and put some of the digital images in a gallery to share - or at the least collect them...

well i did - images from the road... a few self portraits playin with the mirror and camera placement in the car...

different weather - snow - tornado - rain . . .

figured this was the place to share if any . . .

GW's Driving Image Gallery

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
Nice pics there buddy!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The one with your picture taken in the central mirror shows "Biodiesel" written on top of you head.

Thought it was neat (biodiesel is written so it can be read)! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Most are sunrise.... i'd need to check the XRIF data to figure em out but those red ones and IIRC all of them there now are sunrise...
got some more ... and they have sunset AND sunrise in them /images/graemlins/wink.gif

What its kinda helped me do is deal with the commute. Think Michigan, flat, boring, farmland...

but this time of year . . . I drive to work watching the sunrise on my right... and go home watching the sunset on my left...

And then the rare tornado gives me an opportunity to capture the green skys...

trying to get colors though at 80 miles an hour while driving is tough but the colors now are great... It might be a flat drive but its really actually pretty cool - hell i've been doing it for over 4 years now... almost all of the 173,500 miles on a 75 mile stretch of road . . .

Mike656

You have the commute of my dreams, nice flat rural highway. I had to drive down to Woodbridge VA from my work in Rockville MD during the afternoon rush last week, no fun at all. Even my commute from home of 10 miles can take as long as 40 minutes /images/graemlins/eek.gif .

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
my in-laws just moved from Woodbridge/Lakeridge out to Bristow (just west of Manassas)... I know the traffic... down side is now when we are down to visit I don't have the option of avoiding springfield when heading to my father's place over in Southern PG county . . . I always liked driving past Mt. Vernon - and using Rt1 ... even when traffic wasn't bad... now i've gotta do the I-66 all the way...

don't even bring up the traffic the rest of my family deals with in the Puget sound region... 20 mile back ups just to cross the Narrow's Bridge!!!

yeah my commute is long - monotonous, but I can use the cruise control, in teh spring and fall I get to leisurly watch the sunrise (too tired to care much about the sunset usually) and the winter drving conditions can be fun rather than scarry - most of the other drivers either wait till its plowed or know what they are doing...

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
rammestien, thanks for the forum section here... i've started browsing through some of your photos - very nice... and did I thank the new member with a home page that kinda got me thinking about this "project" I've been missing an artistic release for a while... thanks

and its all started me looking around more on the way home... its also got me listening to music rather than jabber ... more introspective and observant...

anyway - i put up a few more images on a new set of pages... mostly sunsets with a few sunrises tossed in there... i've pulled a few that I really like... again I took most of the self-portrait attemps off... left one I can tolerate...

the link:
GeWilli's Commute part 3

I gathered a few [images ] last night demonstrating just how empty the road can get - only after I noticed that a few times there wasn't a car 5 miles in front of me or for as far back as I could see in my mirrors...

a couple of my favorites from this sequence...

what I find is kinda cool is that these images are all still too big for most people with a regular Monitor, so they look great on the computer, and my old Olympus workhorse of a digital camera is kicking ass... although I dream of a 3-5 megapixel camera that would give me images big enough to print... how cool would it be to print a few of those up as a 3 foot by 4 foot poster... till I get a new camera my D-460 Zoom will have to do...

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i've gone through and added parts 4-7 to the gallery... the above link will still take you to #1 and you can get to 4-7 there or . . . Part 4 of the gallery

T-nail images are a bit smaller than the previous galleries ... the big images are full size and un-altered...

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Sly, how you get that biodiesel sticker into the picture there Willy.

Nice commute!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
thxs BeetleGo...

lately I've been too early to catch the sunrise!!!

Oh well... at least the solstice is coming and the days will be getting longer soon!