What did you pay for your 'fixed' CPO TDi

Tyler.ayala

TDI
2013 Jetta SportWagen 6sp Manual
CPO 2013 JSW M6 Pano. No NAV or Backup Cam. I had been looking for a manual JSW here in California since Jan. 2020. I only found 2 and they were asking $16k-$17k (without taxes and fees) and not willing to budge. Found what I was looking for in 7 months later at Zimbrick in Wisconsin for $13,995 OTD (California taxes and fees came later which was a gut punch of an additional $1,500). Hopped a plane Tuesday morning, layover in Denver. Picked up the car at 2:30pm and was home to the Bay Area by Thursday night. Very happy with it so far. 😁

Paulman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (buyback at 109,000miles) 2014 Jetta TDI 59,000miles
I picked up a 2014 Jetta TDI Premium for $12,000 in October, 2019 with 58,000 miles. All the dealer records were included. The car missed the 50,000 mile service but it runs very well.

Looking at a Tune right now but would like some advice. APR has radically dropped its prices this fall and I may do a Stage 2.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
interesting read... (2/19 thru 12/20 post)

Am I wrong in seeing a recent dramatic upsurge in JSW TDI prices? Covid car price craziness?
Back when I bought in 2019 the carvana/dealership type sales on where lower mile JSWs where maxed around $15k if Im not mistaken. A few are now listed over $20k.

My loaded 69k, 6m, cpo was VW dealership out the door $10k... I could even get the full price back now for a quick turn in to Carvana 2.5 later. Crazy
aint a gonna sell it. Great car.

What are others seeing?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
A CPO would more than likely have been fixed before selling. I believe it was required of any dealer that owned one. The web site will tell.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Agree... he doesn't know what he's saying..... if only there was some online tool to check whatever story the dealer was telling him

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
The old CPO program required the car to be no older than 5 years from the MY, then it went to 6. No reason to stop them from going to 7, since VW and WorldAuto(?) can set whatever terms they want. The CPO, IMO, doesn't hold a ton of value in itself for TDIs, especially compared to the emissions warranty. Either way, armstrong's CPO Passat almost certainly had Phase 1 done prior to sale, or else something is in error.

jheen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2012 TDI Sedan
Based on the last couple posts I would assume VW is still working on "fixing" the buy back cars? I kind of wanted to buy my Jetta back that I did the VW buyback on. I've been randomly checking the VW emissions page and it still shows it is not fixed. The car itself was in great condition and surprised it had not been fixed and sold.

jheen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2012 TDI Sedan
I did look on the carfax car care and there is nothing there other than it is overdue for registration. Guess I will just keep occasionally looking. Does anyone know if they are still reselling the cars that were turned in?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
If it was crushed would that show up in Carfax? Clearly a crushed car would have an overdue registration...

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
One of my 2.0 tdi's was dispossed of after the buyback, and CarFax Car Care showed a junk title was issued.

Although, Car Care only shows recent registrations. If the last registration is a few year old then it may not show up in the app.

If you're really interested, then just pay the money for a full background check.

mkivbren

TDI
Golf
I don't own one but was thinking of maybe grabbing one. Was just curious why some would be crushed..

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Many possible reasons, mechanical and cosmetic condition probably the biggest one, although some high mileage cars may have also been crushed for mileage. I have the impression that the fix or destroy decisions were not consistently applied across the country.

77market

TDI
2014 JSW 6M
Hello,

New here, long time browser at the forum...

I bought my 2014 JSW 6M in July, 2020 for $14,495. 24,700 miles. CPO. Brown, with no extras.

In the 18 months I've owned it, I've been in rental cars for 6 months, due to repeated DPF failures/replacements.

Currently in the shop at Royal VW in Alabama for a long block replacement. I'm currently enrolled in the VW corporate buyback, and just sent in all the requested documentation 2 days ago.

Anyone here with similar experience and might know how this could play out?

Thanks!