www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI (Diesel) Emissions

TDI (Diesel) Emissions This is a discussion about emissions from TDI's. Pro's cons of Diesels (including biodiesel) effects on the environment and how they compare to Gasoline and other fuel sources for Internal combustion engines.

Old January 19th, 2020, 18:38   #16
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Many have had issues with the tank and associated hardware it comes with. Heater and level sensors and such. Should replace the whole thing under warranty with a new unit. My car was brand new and has already had the tank and hardware replaced under warranty. Threw a code. You should have it scanned with VCDS and if there is a code showing it should be replaced completely.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:13   #17
Pat Dolan
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 800km/1100km/tank

2015 Q7, bought new Feb 2019. Post fix problems required two visits to dealers in early days, no issues throughout summer and next 18k. Once it got cold, new problems surfaced, and from what I am told, result of work done during "fix" (now THERE's an oxymoron!!!) they think disturbed a harness under the center console/shifter that is somehow not allowing the park lock to release when colder than -25C or so, thus they are replacing the entire shift quadrant (pretty sure it only needs the right lubricant in the pivot point of the release lever driven by the N110 solenoid).
4L='15 Q7 TDI, B7='15TDI(buy back), B6='09 wagon gasser, A4=2003 TDI Variant, A3=Golf CL, A2=2x1.6 Jetta TDs, Golf Syncro Country, A1=Scirocco Mk1 & 16v, Audi 5000TD, 2014 I, Porsche 924/M471 and a bunch of diesel trucks.
Pat Dolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2020, 14:24   #18
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ManyKMfor1Tank View Post
2013 Passat owner here, have had it less than 3 weeks. Already problems, Adblue warning won't reset even though the tank is right full. Had it to be already once, said the concentration may have been off and suggested I use their adblue instead of the Walmart brand I had put in. Wasn't even a few days before the engine light came back on, and now I have 50 km to no start. Not terribly happy, but hopefully whatever the problem is, it's covered by the VW warranty.
I've had that issue with our T'reg TDI. Did you ever figure out why it isn't recognizing the AdBlue refill? It's bunk that it's not VW blessed piss. Mine went into lockout to start as I was on the way to the airport and had to fly out. It was towed to a VW dlr in Vegas who got the code cleared and it started, but they had no idea why it didn't recognize refilling the urea tank. TIA for any hints.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote