Leaking Windshield Washer Nozzles

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
We took the '15 Golf on the first road trip this past weekend and ran into a bit of snow. After using the washers/wipers, there were a few streaks of washer fluid running up the windshield from the nozzles. When we stopped to fuel up and I popped the hood to check the oil, I noticed fluid dripping from the nozzles even though I hadn't used the washer for at least an hour. Suggestions??

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
what fluid are you using?

Also the pump is bidirectional with check valves, motor ones way for windshield washer and backwards for rear washer, the check valves known leaky issue for rear dribbling on the rear window when it's hot out.

Might be the same part failing on the front as well.

Our passangers side nozel never gets the same flow or spary pattern as the drivers side, luckily i'm never sitting on that side so it hasn't bugged me enough to check the nozzel for blockage or possibly opening it up.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
what fluid are you using?
Generic FLAPS blue stuff.

740GLE said:
Also the pump is bidirectional with check valves, motor ones way for windshield washer and backwards for rear washer, the check valves known leaky issue for rear dribbling on the rear window when it's hot out.

Might be the same part failing on the front as well.

Our passangers side nozel never gets the same flow or spary pattern as the drivers side, luckily i'm never sitting on that side so it hasn't bugged me enough to check the nozzel for blockage or possibly opening it up.
Thanks! I'll poke around under the hood.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
not sure how cold it is there but some of the stuff doesn't have low freeze points.