2002 jetta wagon auto in s.b. california

miclark

TDI
2011 jetta wagon manual
SOLD to a good home! We are selling our gold 2002 TDI Jetta Wagon, asking $2500
-automatic transmission is original and working well. ATF and filter were changed regularly.
-sunroof works fine
-335,000 miles (mostly highway) last timing belt at 275,000 (done by a shop)
-runs well, we bought the car in 2011 with 140,000 miles on it.
-Michelin tires from costco with ten thousand miles on them. prior sets of tires and these have always worn evenly.
-No oil leaks, a new valve cover, newer rear shocks and most (probably all) of the vacuum lines and vacuum solenoids. 1 y.o. battery,
-The exterior is in great shape for the age.

-no accidents as far as I know or can tell.

-turbo actuator (new but not installed). I bought the limp mode kit but didn't need all the parts of the kit.
-The right cv drive axle was recently replaced.

-The car will probably need a new front right wheel bearing installed soon. I bought the bearing but haven’t installed it.
-Cloth seats are pretty worn with a rip in the passenger seat but are still comfortable .

-The latch on the glovebox is broken but still opens and closes.

-the window control buttons on the drivers side are also broken but still function with difficulty.
-The headliner is sagging.
-the rear middle seatbelt doesn't work.
-various cosmetic plastic parts on the interior have broken

-I was going to have the transmission swapped for manual when it died but it never died. I think it would be a good candidate for a tranny
swap despite the mileage. I believe the tranny lasted this long due to mostly highway miles and regular atf changes...or luck

-comes with 3 quarts of new atf oil and transmission filter, 3 oil filters, 2 fuel filters, a cabin filter, air filter, extra used parts unecessarily changed (n75 solenoid, maf sensor,) trailer bike hitch for not used for long due to rubbing on dips, rosstech vagcom cord, rubber floor mats.

The car now has a new air filter and fuel filter installed. The oil has another 3,000 miles to go before being changed and the cabin filter is still pretty new so I just knocked the dust off it.

The car is located in Santa Barbara County but will be taking trip to the bay area soon.
We are selling this car because we have purchased a newer 2011 jetta tdi wagon with low mileage and just bought a low mileage prius.
thank you

Last edited:

miclark

TDI
2011 jetta wagon manual
thanks Mike, I meant to load the photos but couldn't figure it out. I'm going to take some more after I clean it...

miclark

TDI
2011 jetta wagon manual
I posted some more photos on craigslist s.b. I will post them here when I get it figured out. I am willing to email any photos to anybody also or answer any questions via p.m. email or text/phone. I know the car intimately and will disclose every detail I can and am open to offers....just had to put a asking price and starting point. I realize that the auto tranies aren't in demand but would love to see what this one can get to. I'm just not wanting to spend the time working on cars right now and I know that's what it takes to drive a high mileage car.

miclark

TDI
2011 jetta wagon manual
Price Drop: How about 2000 dollars? Please take a look at the craigslist photos. I'm still having problems with the uploading here. I can email many more photos of details also. I may change the oil and can save a sample if anybody is interested in having it tested. Also, I estimate that all the new extra fuel, oil, and air filters and extra parts are probably worth 2-300 dollars. I'm not sure what the ross tech vagcom cord is worth now but super handy if you don't have one.

a few more things i forgot to mention:
-no accidents, carfax from before we bought it 9 years ago and none since
-full size never used (no cracks) matching michelin spare, topped off to 35psi (but
with steel rim)
-hose for window washer is broken, now working but often comes off
-Rear wheel camber has never been alignable to specs since we have had the car but
it hasn't affected the tire wear or handling
-rear hatch only opens with the key button, the one on the door doesn't work

-I have all the reciepts, i think
-it usually gets 42mpg driving 65 mph and I've always used synthetic oil @10,000 mile

interval.

miclark

TDI
2011 jetta wagon manual
BUMP, Any offers? Questions? how about $1500 to the right home. I've had a few low offers from craigslist but really I'd like to see the car go to someone who understands these cars and isn't just planning on driving it into the ground and walking away. I still can't get my photos small enough to up load but the craigslist link above will get some photos. the body is in good conditions (minus the interior) if anybody wants to meld two good cars together.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Bump for a rust free California car. Come on guys this is a perfect candidate for a 5spd swap or just drive it till the auto quits. Nice color, clean, wagon body, extras to include a vcds cable I’d buy this if I was on the other end of the continent.

Score some leather seats from the junkyard, fix the headliner......