Throttle Response VCDS Tweak

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Has anyone who has done the throttle response mod noticed an effect on fuel economy?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
No difference with my LOL (Little Old Lady) driving style.

Last edited:

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
I am so glad I did this mod. There seemed to be a dead spot in the throttle that was dampered between 30%-70% throttle. It is gone and feels far more linear now.

As far as MPG, I can't say I noticed a change.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
steady state will result in zero change, if you romp on it every light, like you did before the change, you'll still prob notice no difference, maybe .5-1MPG.

Agreed that it's a 30-50% throttle change, seeing thats where i drive 90% of the time (Alltrack) it was an amazing change.

I have heard it isn't as noticable on the 6MT.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Can you post a link to the coding for this one? I believe I did it but I still have a rather large area of transmission laziness even after I thought I had done this. Maybe I forgot? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Here's the LINK to the post from the DIY thread with the coding.

Can you post a link to the coding for this one? I believe I did it but I still have a rather large area of transmission laziness even after I thought I had done this. Maybe I forgot? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Don't forget you can also disable the Starting Vibration Reduction:

Group 03/Adaption/Starting Vibration Reduction/Deactivated (default = Strong)

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Also if you have a DSG a DSG tune will fix a whole lota other issues. For example the slow take off. The lag lag lag and sudden 2 gear down shift followed by red line and smokin tires. After the dsg tune it will shift down a gear immediately and accelerate like a normal slush box. No more driving around in 6th gear at 1200 rpms and waiting days for a down shift to climb a hill. The DSG post tune will be in the perfect gear id say 95% of the time. Only thing that still grinds my gears is in sport mode it still has the 3rd gear low rpm stumble under heavy acceleration which is clearly an ECM issue.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
What are the upsides of that?
It removes the torque limitation in lower gears with heavy throttle. There is also a "Normal" setting for a reduction of the...uh...reduction rather than eliminating it. I virtually never experience the effect since I'm always so light on the throttle, so hopefully some lead foots who've done it will chime in.

Homerjj

TDI
1984 Jetta Turbodiesel, 1983 Caddy AAZ, 2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen
It removes the torque limitation in lower gears with heavy throttle. There is also a "Normal" setting for a reduction of the...uh...reduction rather than eliminating it. I virtually never experience the effect since I'm always so light on the throttle, so hopefully some lead foots who've done it will chime in.
It increases the torque in the first three (?) gears on my DSG vs limiting it. Big difference... or it feels like it :). Although, when its wet or snowy, you need to feather your right foot a bit.

I've done this and the throttle mod and the car just performs a lot better.

Probably how it should.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Got waylaid yesterday and did the throttle response mod today. Great improvement, thanks!