Q5 maintenance and upgrades

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Well guys. I'm taking the plunge.

I am getting my 55k service done tomorrow.

After reading ZF's recommendations of 60k - 90k service on the tranny I am getting the tranny fluid, filter, and gasket done. I am also getting the diffs serviced as well. ( my vehicle was 100% used previously to tow w/o question .... so doing the service on the earlier window since I dont know how hard they were pushing it ).

While my mechanic is in there here comes a boatload of upgrades.

1. 034 motorsports x-brace and stretch bolts - https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-s4-rs4-a5-s5-rs5-q5-sq5-billet-aluminum.html & https://store.034motorsport.com/x-b...me-hardware-kit-for-b8-5-facelift-models.html

2. 034 motorsports drive train mount inset kit - tranny mount insert, diff mount insert, diff carrier insert. https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-s4-rs4-a5-s5-rs5-q5-sq5-billet-aluminum.html

3. 034 motorsports rear subframe mount inserts ( also ordering new factory stretch bolts ) - https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...rt-kit-b8-b8-5-audi-s4-rs4-s5-rs5-q5-sq5.html

4. 034 motorsports solid rear sway bar - https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-audi-q5-sq5-c7-c7-5-a6-s6-rs6-a7-s7-rs7.html

5. 034 motorsport rear sway bar endlinks and hardware - https://store.034motorsport.com/sway-bar-end-link-motorsport-rear-b8-audi-a4-s4-a5-s5-q5.html

I'm going to have them align it as well.

I figure I cant have an sq5 tdi.... so I'm going to make mine probably handle better than an sq5 into rsq5 territory... this is only what i am doing for now.....

Thoughts recommendations? ( all stuff is on order already hahahha )

Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Stock springs and shocks? What size wheels are you running?
You may want to consider upgrading suspension and wheels/tires if seeking better handling. Then tune it if you want performance.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Stock springs, shocks, and top caps for now.

I was planning on Billstein B6's( Heavy duty w/o drop ) w/ stock springs, and the 034 motorsport Strut mounts in the near future - https://store.034motorsport.com/strut-mount-front-density-line-b8-audi-a4-s4-a5-s5-rs5-q5.html

Wheels / Tires - Currently running stock 19 x 8 w/ 235/55/19 Michelin Premier LTX I was going to get the neuspeed flowformed rse10 19x8.5 et45 w/ 255/50/19 in the near future - https://store.034motorsport.com/neu...-et45-audi-volkswagen-5x112-bolt-pattern.html & https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...wall=Blackwall&partnum=55WR9DWS06XL&tab=Specs

On the tires / wheels it should drop 28lbs off the weight of the vehicle... and the with the offset / wider wheel the track width is identical - It sticks in a about 12mm, but everything I've found says that won't be an issue. But atleast i get +20mm width on both tires, and better load rating. If you want to see all the calculations for rotating mass and etc... feel free to download this: http://dev.codemonkeysoftwarema.com/rot_inertia_wheels.xls

For power - I am planning on doing the Darkside FMIC, magnaflow catback, and the malone tune stage 2 ( no deletes possible ). I've read that the catback is good for lowering EGT, and improving spooling. I have the malone tune but i am waiting for all my readiness monitors to be ready and a little time, that way when i send the stuff to malone again ( i got the most recent DPF replacement ) it has some info in it. https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...-0-tdi-tfsi-2-7-3-0-tdi-audi-b8-platform.html & https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Was more curious if you were going to lower it and go up a wheel size to 20 or 21"
My Touareg is lowered 1.5" and running on 21" 295/35/21 tires off Audi Q7.

On my A6 I simply removed the mufflers. Very little difference in sound, will do the same on Touareg soon. You may want to save $$ on the exhaust by simply going straight pipe especially if keeping the Cat and DPF in-tact.

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the advice, but i cannot on the exhaust. Massachusetts is almost as bad as california for emissions and inspections now. They do a visual inspection of the whole exhaust system on like 8 camera's to the registry of motor vehicles. No mufflers would be an instant fail, same for DPF. They also do something with readiness monitors and were failing DPF's via the computer even when a digital inspection wasn't done, and then the vehicle would have to be "fixed" and it wouldn't pass until your brought it to a center which involves a state police officer i believe inspecting it with them. Super PIA. If i had my own garage / house... I'd literally do what i want, and then just change it myself come inspection time. But don't have anywhere to store an entire exhaust right now... hahahahaha...

I considered going bigger, and lower. But i am way too much of a performance person to justify the trade off on the rims. Currently even with the traction control off, going with launch mode i can't get the tires to even begin to have issue on a full launch, and the thing pushes through a corner like crazy which is why i am going the route I am.

I've highly considered lowering it but not entirely sure the added benefit is there to me. I know to many removing that fender gap, and filling it is super appealing, but i am way more performance than styling... which some might think funny since i got the diesel and not the 3.0T. But i want to have my cake and eat it too... fuel economy, usable power, and performance.

Honestly if i could get my hands on the 2020 SQ5 TDI w/ the mild hybrid I'd be all over it. But we never get the good stuff in the states.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
So.
All of this is done.

034 Rear Swaybar ( on weakest setting ), 034 rear swaybar endlinks, 034 Rear subframe mount inserts, 034 Front Subframe X-Brace, 034 Transmission mount insert, 034 Rear Differential Upgrade, Centric Premium Rotors all 4, Stoptech Street Pads front & rear.

Also did brake fluid flush, Transmission fluid, Front & Rear diff fluid, and Transfer case fluid.

I did do the 034 Rear Differential Carrier inserts but removed them as it was causing a noticeable whine over 55 mph that would get pretty loud at highway speed....

This thing shifts so smooth now almost can't tell its shifting sometimes, and it is super composed on windy roads now.... no loss of comfort at all, all gains... I will say it seems like there might be a hint of more vibration at idle, but honestly it dropped 30 degrees out since i got the work done... so I'd think its that more than anything.... Also I might just need to get a cetane booster or something, since the diesel here isn't like cali or TX.... there isn't really an option for premium diesel.

All and all TOTALLY worth it.

Next up( probably after the holidays ) -- ( This is the order of things... not necessarily done all at once - But will likely do 1 & 2, and a few hundred miles later do #3 as a set. )

1. Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

2. Darkside intercooler

3. Redo Malone Stage2 Tune w/ Emissions intact ( I pulled the tune and have kept it off for the AEM-C fix, and it doesn't appear that I was flagged TD1 or anything )

4. Neuspeed RSE102 Wheels 20x9 ET40 w/ Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 255/45/20. So +2 tire size width. Rim is 21.7lbs vs stock 29.5lbs, and tire is same weight as the michelin that is on their now. Physical Weight reduction 31.2lbs. W. Rotating depending on formulat used its a total weight loss of -33.8lbs to -46.8 lbs....

5.( This is only really last because my current setup has 55k on it... so waiting a little is no big deal right now... hhahahaha ). Bilstein B6 Shock / Struts w/ new factory Springs & 034 Strut mount density line + 034 Density Line Control Arm Kit.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
A little update and info:

Q5 still rocking strong. All the components above made a huge impact on handling. It is so composed now, its' almost as if i put in new struts for only cornering, no loss in comfort AT ll. I've driven atleast 5k miles since this post. Still great mileage.

AEM-C went well and everything has been great since getting it done.

Now the fun part:

Just ordered #1, and #2, and reached out to malone about reflashing w/ the stage 2 post AEM-C fix & The below mods... just waiting to hear back from them.

#1 - Magnaflow 15331 Catback - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/15331-performance-exhaust-magnaflow-audi-q5-street-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system - Massachusetts has strict requirements so i have to keep mufflers and etc... so this is the best I can do short of something falling off in Mexico and plenty of headaches.

#2 Darkside Intercooler https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-front-mount-intercooler-fmic-for-2-0-tdi-tfsi-2-7-3-0-tdi-audi-b8-mlb-platform.html -- The one for the 3.0 will be here on the 10th. Darkside confirmed that it should fit and after seeing Diesel's Progress I am all in.

Once I install all I'll post an update.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys,

So I got a new version of the malone Stage 2 installed on my car which has the alphabet soup intact. Pulls harder from what I can tell ( I still have 3 readiness monitors that haven't cleared... takes my car like 500 miles, and I've only driven it around 200 ).

The magnaflow exhaust is installed as well... no real tone change that I can tell. Not sure I like the fit in the rear end, was sticking out further( like 1" past the bumper ) .... mechanic worked some magic with the slip joint and now its' only 1/2". Fun part was when he was removing one of my NOC sensors, the nut literally sheered in half, and its stuck in the old exhaust. It was a slighly older design 8R0906261B, so when i got the replacement i got 8R0906261A from FCP Euro... they were pretty fast. He suggested having a custom muffler shop straight pipe it from the slip joint, putting the stock muffler tips on that for stealth mode, and keep the mufflers just incase i need to go back. What do you guys think?

DarkSide intercooler - This went fairly well. Used bolts & nuts instead of self tapers into plastic... don't like that at all. Then created L-Brackets from the top mounts to the front of the crash bar for extra stability.

Overall I'm pleased just need to make some decisions....

1. What do you guys think of straight pipe from mufflers out, keeping in mind DPF & Cats are still installed... Any benefit at all? Are there actual resonators elsewhere that could be removed? Or basically until you remove the alphabet soup your SOL?

2. Has anyone switched their 19's out for lightweight 19's or 20's? Any benefits in mpg, handling, tractions etc...? Other than looks ofcourse.

3. I'm looking at looking at RSE102 Wheel. I could go w/ 19x8 ET45 ( feel like I'd have to run a spacer of about 6mm, and that would push it back to oem size probably get apr set....) ... not sure how i feel about spacers( Thoughts on spacers? _..... and keep the stock tire size. Other option is RSE102 wheel w/ 20x9 ET40 ( I've read up and the clearance should be no issue at all ) and i'd run the optional 255/45/20 tire size. I'd save around 8 - 10 lbs per corner on either setup. From my research our stock 19's are 29.5lbs ( anyone confirm this? ). Thoughts, suggestions?

( Also I'll try to get some pics this weekend )

Last edited:

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
Hey guys,

So I got a new version of the malone Stage 2 installed on my car which has the alphabet soup intact. Pulls harder from what I can tell ( I still have 3 readiness monitors that haven't cleared... takes my car like 500 miles, and I've only driven it around 200 ).

The magnaflow exhaust is installed as well... no real tone change that I can tell. Not sure I like the fit in the rear end, was sticking out further( like 1" past the bumper ) .... mechanic worked some magic with the slip joint and now its' only 1/2". Fun part was when he was removing one of my NOC sensors, the nut literally sheered in half, and its stuck in the old exhaust. It was a slighly older design 8R0906261B, so when i got the replacement i got 8R0906261A from FCP Euro... they were pretty fast. He suggested having a custom muffler shop straight pipe it from the slip joint, putting the stock muffler tips on that for stealth mode, and keep the mufflers just incase i need to go back. What do you guys think?

DarkSide intercooler - This went fairly well. Used bolts & nuts instead of self tapers into plastic... don't like that at all. Then created L-Brackets from the top mounts to the front of the crash bar for extra stability.

1. What do you guys think of straight pipe from mufflers out, keeping in mind DPF & Cats are still installed... Any benefit at all? Are there actual resonators elsewhere that could be removed? Or basically until you remove the alphabet soup your SOL?

2. Has anyone switched their 19's out for lightweight 19's or 20's? Any benefits in mpg, handling, tractions etc...? Other than looks ofcourse.

3. I'm looking at looking at RSE102 Wheel. I could go w/ 19x8 ET45 ( feel like I'd have to run a spacer of about 6mm, and that would push it back to oem size probably get apr set....) ... not sure how i feel about spacers( Thoughts on spacers? _..... and keep the stock tire size. Other option is RSE102 wheel w/ 20x9 ET40 ( I've read up and the clearance should be no issue at all ) and i'd run the optional 255/45/20 tire size. I'd save around 8 - 10 lbs per corner on either setup. From my research our stock 19's are 29.5lbs ( anyone confirm this? ). Thoughts, suggestions?

Good work Daemon! How did you feel the intercooler installation went in consideration to difficulty? When I did mine, the intercooler didn’t line up centered on the car when we put the bumper back on (which was more of an aesthetic annoyance when looking at it from the front) so my buddy and I took the bumper off and made new holes on the intercooler tabs and drilled new pilot holes into the plastic pieces that they stock intercooler was mounted to. We also reused the intercooler pipes too (I’m not sure if I should’ve done that).

I saw you’re getting new wheels too- awesome man. If you get those 20’s, the stock Q5 20” size is 255/45r20. If you go 9.5 wide, 265/45r20’s have the smallest difference in speedometer readings out of all other sizes; when speedo says 65mph, you’re going 65.74mph or something like that. As far as wheels go, I scored a good deal on Vorsteiner vff-102 that are 20x9.5 et37 with some slightly used Pirelli Scorpion Winters which I can’t give you reviews on yet. UPS “misplaced” one of my wheels and is doing an “investigation” to find the wheel and if they can’t they’re going to pay for a replacement. Anyway, these wheels are ~ 9-10 pounds lighter per corner so like you, I’m looking to save some lbs in the unsprung section to improve handling and have a good looking wheel. After I get some all seasons for them, I’ll be saving ~10lbs per corner. Next step after the wheels is Vogtland springs (they offer the smallest drop of 1.4” front and back) and a couple handling mods.

I read that you mentioned adding a cetane booster. I don’t necessarily use a cetane booster but I use and can recommend Stanadyne Performance Additive which has given me a number of benefits like fuel anti-gel, easier startups when I park my car outside in the winter, slightly higher MPGs, and Stanadyne claims increased cetane numbers. IIRC, I suggested Stanadyne to Huskies a while back and he’s been using it with success as well. My dad swears by the stuff, his sprinter van runs like crap unless there’s Stanadyne in his tank.

I know you’ve done quite a bit of suspension/handling mods to yours so my questions for you:
Did you notice a big diff with subframe mounts and the rear sway? Do you think the driving experience gained is worth the price of the mods and would you recommend them?

Also, when you did your rear sway, did you also get new end links??

Thanks Daemon, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Diesel,

On the intercooler. I just drilled pilot holes further down the mounting flange to shift it, and to get it off of the radiator brace. Then made custom mounting brackets on the top that are bent and mount into the front of the crash bar. Otherwise was no issue really. I reused the pipes. I asked my mechanic about it, and he said that would be fine.

Rims and tires. I've used a ton of comparisons and the size your mentioning would be off like something around +.7%. The bigger issue is the overal diameter is 29.4" and everywhere I've read says you don't want to go over 29.3" otherwise it will rub the steering knuckle. The stock size vs mine is 29" and -.7"... Keep in kind I am starting from the 19's @ 235/55/19, and that supposedly my rims are 29.5lbs in weight. ( I should be save 9lbs / corner vs the 19's ).

Thats cool on the drop, let me know how you like it. I waffle back and forth on dropping vs. not dropping. I've looked at getting the billstein b6 vs b8. Obviously one is for keeping stock height and heavy duty the other is dropped and a bit tighter Example says 1.2" front & 1" rear for b8... or https://www.tirerack.com/suspension....0+TDI&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=Premium+Plus the b6 which is 10% stiffer and better rebound... w/ stock springs... There is also the KW Route https://www.tirerack.com/suspension....0+TDI&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=Premium+Plus ........ not sure which i am going with. Not sure i want to lose the ground clearance or not.

Also on the Stanadyne... I was using it. I need to get some more.... just lazy... hahahaha....

"Did you notice a big diff with subframe mounts and the rear sway? Do you think the driving experience gained is worth the price of the mods and would you recommend them?

Also, when you did your rear sway, did you also get new end links??"

Very much so yes. I literally can take a corner at 30 mph, completely boot it, the car will rotate around via push on the rear end slightly... it just hooks up and goes. That's currently with stage 2, and no springs, or tires.

I have "034 Rear Swaybar ( on weakest setting ), 034 rear swaybar endlinks, 034 Rear subframe mount inserts, 034 Front Subframe X-Brace, 034 Transmission mount insert, 034 Rear Differential Upgrade" - I had the 034 rear differential CARRIER upgrade as well, but I removed it as it was causing an audible hum w/ everything else on the highway between 60 - 75 mph. But let me tell you, this thing nearly keeps dead flat in a decent speed corner under WOT, and it just sticks as if i upgraded the springs and dropped it. There is very little if any slop in the drivetrain now.... Completely worthwhile, what a different in intense cornering, couldn't recommend it more...

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
So fun times. After around 8 months and 6200ish miles. I started to develop i clunk in the rear going over bumps. It appears that bushing on the drivers rear of the 034 Swap bar broke in half and fell out. The passengers side one is intact but is cracked and looks like it will fail shortly. I'm in the process of speaking to 034. But I guess maybe i need to grease these more often or something no idea... i figured it would be fine for a while. They have a "rebuild" kit which is new bushings... but it seems to me that that is a very short time for these poly bushings to last. I'll see where they send me, but I may look for alternatives and such if need be....

Second interesting issue: When at a slow speed i can get a click from the right passengers front end, and can reproduce it fairly consistentantly... but its' only reproducable if i am also going over a bump or etc.... might have a CV Axle starting to go at 62k... but we'll see... Its' sharp, really loud, and does it just once. Everything seems tight, and its only if the wheel is allmost all the way turned one way or the other.

Third thing and exciting: I ordered the DTUK TCU tune, and that should be in tomorrow. I'm going to wait to drive the car until I atleast fix the rear sway... something about metal on metal sounding clunking is no good to me, and i don't want to drive it... hahahaha

Fourth: I got a dragy. So once my sway bar is set. I am going to use it to test the 0-60, and such on the Q5, before and a little while after the Tranny tune... just curious where I'm at...

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Well. It appears that 034, also thought it was strange that my bushings failed. So they are sending me out a free rebuild kit. Once I get them on I'll let you guys know how it is. But 100% happy with 034 standing by their products in these tough times.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
While the q5 is down for repairs while I am waiting for replacement parts. I decided to wrap my aluminum trim pieces, in a black brushed aluminum trim. We think it looks amazing. The is 3M 2080 black brushed aluminum.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5 Maintenance and Upgrades - Daemon64 Q5 TDI Build Thread

Thanks Diesel,

Took a bit of patience, but it wasn't that hard for the side trim. Those just pop out with some trim tools. Now left me tell you, the center console piece was a PIA to get out, you have to take the whole console apart, and out, then remove a bunch of torx screws from the piece, and wrapping it because its all curved is no cake walk either. But I got it done.

Now waiting for the bushing to come in. I'm doing them this time instead of my mechanic. I trust them, but I want to confirm everything is 100% to 034's specification, and will grease them on their 3k mile recommendation as well. Then we'll see how they hold up.

After I do the bushings, its time to get a few dragy runs in to benchmark the Q.

After that DTUK TCU Tune. Some driving and re-draggy.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok bushings done. Super easy job... about an hour to do. I did some dragy pulls after 0-30 - 1.83s, 0-60 5.5s. Malone stage 2 100% emissions compliant. Now to do the DTUK tranny tune, drive it for a bit and re-test.

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
Very cool info! What tires are you running? It’d be great to see if the car is any different after the TCM tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 19s, 235/55/19 Michelin premier Ltd. They are at almost legal wear limit and I have no idea how they seem to grab at launch. I do plan o replacing them and when I do will go to 255 and lose 8.5lbs per corner.

socrates42

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI pkg 1
Hey guys,

A couple of things.
1. On the diesel, the real bottle neck in the exhaust is the DPF and Cats, not the resonators and mufflers. Now that you have the magnaflow the only benefit to any changes (that are emissions compliant) would be for sound. Your downstream from the bottle neck from a performance perspective.
2. Wheels. I have an S4 and a Q5 and I have those neuspeed wheels your talking about on my S4. 19*9 et 40. They would fit on the Q5 no problem. I have the 20 inch peelers on my Q5 in the summer and those suckers are heavy. The 18s I run in winter drop probably 10-15 pounds per wheel and the difference in performance is noticable. I will still run the 20s though as I love the look. I would definitely recommend going with a lighter wheel, and adding more tire width/adjust the offset to fill the wheel well flush. It will be worth it.

Keep up the good work and sharing your progress!

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
The second "emissions revision" includes a new downpipe that has an updated DPF and cat. I did not take it to a dyno but it definitely breathes better, even my mechanic commented on that before I told him my impression.

I would also strongly recommend going with a lower offset than anywhere near the 40s. For reference, I currently have OEM Q7 S-Line wheels that are 20x9 et 33. They are a great fit but if I were to change anything it would be to move them out a bit further. For instance, 20x9 et 25 are very popular on this platform but et 33 is OEM for a more stock look.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys thanks for the response. Yeah the magnaflow didn't do a whole lot, mostly a little more throaty when its really hot, but I would not recommend doing it to others if you're after sound and not doing a delete.

As far as wheels / tires --- This build thread is essentually dead now............. BECAUSE

I ordered a 2021 Q5 55e PHEV Prestige --- In Blue Metallic w/ Sport Package ( SQ5 rims, Adaptive Air Ride, Sport Seats ) and W/O the sunroof. This vehicle has been tested by independent reviewers w/o launch control w/ the pano doing 0-60 in 4.82s. So losing 200ish lbs of weight because of the pano sunroof and we're pushing 4.7/4.6s in a vehicle that people average around 65mpg on fuelly. I'm in. Should be in, in April, getting w/o pano required special order...

For Reference -- My 2015 Q5 TDI -- I average 28.2 MPG in fuelly over 15k miles since I started tracking it. 0-60 in draggy w/ LC is 5.52s.... I have 034 sway bars, and a bunch of other handling mods, tranny tune, malone st2 w/ all emissions intact, and some DWS06 235/55/19.... So for me where I live this car is maxxed out unless I want to go basically illegal, and they're getting worse in Mass on checking everything too closely.

Last edited:

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
It was fun while it lasted! I am in the same boat as you as far as emissions where I live so am I done with engine upgrades. Now I am working on completely refreshing the interior and exterior. The performance of the TDI will never be able to match that of an SQ5 (either gas or diesel version) without upgrading the turbo and fueling but it sure does get great mpgs and still gives a good little kick in the tush every time you floor it.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
It was fun while it lasted! I am in the same boat as you as far as emissions where I live so am I done with engine upgrades. Now I am working on completely refreshing the interior and exterior. The performance of the TDI will never be able to match that of an SQ5 (either gas or diesel version) without upgrading the turbo and fueling but it sure does get great mpgs and still gives a good little kick in the tush every time you floor it.
Absolutely. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy my TDI. I for sure did, and do currently. I like the sound of the diesel, wish I was able to open it up more and so, but alas reality stepped in. I ultimately decided that I would get the PHEV because it will match a modern SQ5 in 0-60, when i remove the pano its the same weight, w/ most of the same sport performance setup suspension and etc.. I am basically getting an SQ5, just with WAY better mpg. But I am still going to lurk, and jump in. Just wanted more and cannot get it with what I have... hahaha.

Anomious

TDI
2915, Q5 and 2015, Passat
Well guys. I'm taking the plunge.

I am getting my 55k service done tomorrow.

After reading ZF's recommendations of 60k - 90k service on the tranny I am getting the tranny fluid, filter, and gasket done. I am also getting the diffs serviced as well. ( my vehicle was 100% used previously to tow w/o question .... so doing the service on the earlier window since I dont know how hard they were pushing it ).

While my mechanic is in there here comes a boatload of upgrades.

1. 034 motorsports x-brace and stretch bolts - https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-s4-rs4-a5-s5-rs5-q5-sq5-billet-aluminum.html & https://store.034motorsport.com/x-b...me-hardware-kit-for-b8-5-facelift-models.html

2. 034 motorsports drive train mount inset kit - tranny mount insert, diff mount insert, diff carrier insert. https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-s4-rs4-a5-s5-rs5-q5-sq5-billet-aluminum.html

3. 034 motorsports rear subframe mount inserts ( also ordering new factory stretch bolts ) - https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...rt-kit-b8-b8-5-audi-s4-rs4-s5-rs5-q5-sq5.html

4. 034 motorsports solid rear sway bar - https://store.034motorsport.com/034...-audi-q5-sq5-c7-c7-5-a6-s6-rs6-a7-s7-rs7.html

5. 034 motorsport rear sway bar endlinks and hardware - https://store.034motorsport.com/sway-bar-end-link-motorsport-rear-b8-audi-a4-s4-a5-s5-q5.html

I'm going to have them align it as well.

I figure I cant have an sq5 tdi.... so I'm going to make mine probably handle better than an sq5 into rsq5 territory... this is only what i am doing for now.....

Thoughts recommendations? ( all stuff is on order already hahahha )
The rear sway bar is Worth it's Weight in gold!!

Last edited: