FEELER: Central Ohio GTG

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I work at an auto repair shop a little north of Columbus, and I think I would like to get a GTG put together. I have ran it past the owner and he said that he would be more than happy to have one. I would like to have it sometime early in the spring once it warms up, but I don't want to conflict with Whitbread's GTG's. So, any interest? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Louis

TDI
I would be interested in this. Not sure if/how I would use the shop, but meeting some people could be good. Maybe someone can help me with a little project I am working up in my mind: a manual glow plug switch. :)

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
At the shop we actually made a manual glow plug switch for a powerjoke about a month ago, I'm sure we could figure it out on a TDI ;) . And using the shop is only half the fun, I'm hoping to get a big grill fabbed up before the GTG. Nothing like food and a good conversation about TDI's!

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Okay, thanks for the input. I'm just trying to find a date that doesn't conflict/step on anyone's toes.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
you know ill be there just pick a date so I can put it on my calendar. i say if it isnt scheduled yet, you arent stepping on any toes.

:D

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Good point Aaron lol. Well, I think I will finalize a date with the boss man and hopefully start an official thread by the end of this week. A Saturday would probably be best for everyone correct?

VWDoggy

TDI
2012 golf
As new owner of a TDi I would like to attend a GTG to meet other owners. NO idea what they are like but count me in.

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Basically a GTG is where all of us crazies come together, talk tech, fix/upgrade our cars together, and eat lots of food :) . Always a good time, I talked to the boss man and he said any weekend would be good. Ill hopefully have a for sure date up some time this week.

VWDoggy

TDI
2012 golf
Basically a GTG is where all of us crazies come together, talk tech, fix/upgrade our cars together, and eat lots of food :) . Always a good time, I talked to the boss man and he said any weekend would be good. Ill hopefully have a for sure date up some time this week.

Hey sounds like fun - let me know where and when. Thanks.

2fast4you

TDI
02 Jetta TDI Auto(sold), 2010 Jetta TDI DSG(Sold) 2001 Jetta TDI 5 Speed
hey let me know when also very interested im putting my 02 up for sale so ill only have the 2010 but still have a tdi :)

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Color me interested. Time with the OH TDI crew is always a good time. :D

(Come to whitbread's in the spring too. Last fall was a good gtg!)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
has whitbread set a date yet? I haven't seen the thread.

as a matter of fact, this one hasn't had a date set yet either... (HINT HINT)

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Well...I heard that this guy had his turbo go out the other day, so he has been kinda busy.....lol.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
I thought you said it wasnt your turbo, just a wiring issue.. that was last I heard.

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I thought you said it wasnt your turbo, just a wiring issue.. that was last I heard.
Checked shaft play, didn't look too good....but no worries, dropped in the 17 yesterday ;) . And I will announce a date ASAP, just trying not to conflict with the boss's schedule.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Jason and I could be game for this depending in when it is. :cool:

autoelf92

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Sorry I haven't gotten it together yet.....working 70Hr's a week kinda gets in the way....things should slow down soon. When would be a good time for everyone to get together?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
not the 26th, or the 2nd of June, and depending on when we have closing on the new house, who knows when for me. I know I will be in MI on June 23rd. other than that, who knows.

if you post it, they will come.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Not the last weekend of June/1st of July either, as a number of us will be at TooRoundTDI's GTG in CT. :)