www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old February 23rd, 2017, 13:30   #301
psst1997
Veteran Member

2004 with 134k. Thinking I should have put a little more up for it. Salvage title, mild front end collision, easily repaired. Not sure what it should be worth.

97 Passat - VNT 17, PP520, PD130 intake manifold, PD150 lift pump, 2.5in turbo back straight exhaust, 2.9Bar Map, Malone Stg4 tune.
TDI Repair Available, TBs, Clutches, Manual Swaps, BSM, etc..
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
psst1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 08:21   #302
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by psst1997 View Post
2004 with 134k. Thinking I should have put a little more up for it. Salvage title, mild front end collision, easily repaired. Not sure what it should be worth.
Is there any chance of scanning these trucks with VCDS before bidding? If not, $6,000 would probably be my top on that particular truck if all of the interior looks to be in good shape. It really depends on how much money it's going to take in repairs, as parts can add up pretty quickly. Assuming good mechanicals and a couple of grand in body work, you should be doing pretty well.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 09:22   #303
ATR
Veteran Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
All we did was go around the block. LOL. At the next GTG, we'll have to get it out on the highway. WOT through 3rd, 4th, and 5th is fun.
It may have only been around the block, but I got the feeling that considering how heavy it is it really was able to pull like a fright train
I'm sure on the highway it's pretty epic indeed!

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:57   #304
psst1997
Veteran Member

Quote:
Is there any chance of scanning these trucks with VCDS before bidding? If not, $6,000 would probably be my top on that particular truck if all of the interior looks to be in good shape. It really depends on how much money it's going to take in repairs, as parts can add up pretty quickly. Assuming good mechanicals and a couple of grand in body work, you should be doing pretty well.
This one there could have been a chance of scanning as it was local, but I didn't have the time. I had carfax and service history from my local dealer on the car. Service manager knew the customer and went on about how well they maintained their cars etc. It needed a bumper, fender, tie rod, drivers intercooler. Nothing crazy, and I have a parts car....

$6,000 was my thought before the auction, ended up bidding to $6,500 in the moment. Let it go at 6,600. I had already planned 3k for motor to come out and do cams, actuators, cat delete, egr delete, etc.

97 Passat - VNT 17, PP520, PD130 intake manifold, PD150 lift pump, 2.5in turbo back straight exhaust, 2.9Bar Map, Malone Stg4 tune.
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:12   #305
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm trying to avoid pulling the engine... but if I have to, it's on!

Old February 24th, 2017, 12:16   #306
psst1997
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm trying to avoid pulling the engine... but if I have to, it's on!
I know it's the inevitable so I figure plan for it as well as the upgrades! Just have to keep my eye out for the right deal. I missed one in Florida about a month ago that needed cams. Sold for 4k, clean title. Keep your eye out.

Old March 20th, 2017, 14:16   #307
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMS View Post
VeeDub please update on the reseal on your tandem pump. I have the same issue on mine now and I'm about to pull it into the shop to do it also. I would love to know how it comes out and any insight you might have on doing it including how long it took whomever is doing it to do.

ATR I grew up around hotrods and many of my friends still have fast cars, everyone I take for a ride in my T-reg is amazed at the instant torque the V10 produces. This is coming from guys with cars the are approaching 1000whp
So the long-awaited answer to the mystery fuel leak is...

The fuel temperature sensor leaking/spraying fuel through the electrical connector. If you're familiar with the ALH coolant migration problem, it's essentially the same thing.

The solution was to replace the fuel temp sensor, which required removing the fuel filter module and EGR valve to gain access. It took the shop about a half a day of labor to complete... not bad at all.

Thanks to Jeremy at PD Autowerks for providing excellent service yet again!