www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2005

TDIFest 2005 Discussion about TDIFest 2005. This took place in Lake Mills, Wisconsin on the Labour Day weekend (September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th).

Old November 4th, 2004, 07:55   #1
eschady
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57/49/44
Default Official 2005 TDIFest Lodging

The primary hotel for the Fest will be Holiday Inn Express in Fort Atkinson, WI. The registration area will be housed at this hotel. We also have the conference room reserved for lounging/mingling during the Fest. We have 56 rooms reserved, so please sign up early! Amenities include wireless high speed internet, indoor pool and hot tub, and a full continental breakfast. The TDIFest rate is $68/night plus tax which should be $75.15 per night for a standard room. The phone number is 1-920-563-3600. Please be sure to ask for the TDIFest rate.

The secondary hotel for the Fest will be the Roadway Inn in Lake Mills WI. Amenities include wireless high speed internet, indoor pool and hot tub, and a full continental breakfast. The TDIFest rate is $75 plus tax. There are 43 rooms reserved. We will open a second registration area at this hotel if needed. The phone number is (920) 648-3800.

Please note, this years Fest is being held in a small community. The hotels do not have enough rooms to accomodate our whole group. Sign up early to guarantee you will be in one of the two designated TDIFest hotels. When these hotels fill up, there are several other options in the area (15 minutes), but no discounts will be available.

The dates of the Fest are Friday, Sept 2 through Sunday, Sept 4.

Additional TDIFest details will be available in the next few weeks. Please contact me with any questions.

Edward
eschady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:21   #2
bluenb1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48 mpg avg

Yes everyone be sure and ask for the:

TDI FEST rate.
bluenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 16:10   #3
TDI Owner/Operator

Default .

251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 16:07   #4
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Reservation made at HI express.

Point of interest, y'all. If you are an AAA or CAA member, and note that in the drop-down menu on the reservation form, your rate is $55.30 + tax for Fri/Sat, and $48.30 for Sun. This was for a room with a King bed. You must prepay, and reservation is non-cancellable.

Save money where you can, right?

See y'all in September!
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 17:36   #5
TDI Owner/Operator

Default .

Old November 8th, 2004, 07:17   #6
bluenb1
Veteran Member

That's great CoolWht and Paramedick! Yes...we knew those rates were out there but were not able to get them due to payment being needed up front with no cancellations allowed.

You're very right...this entire hotel may quite possibly be booked completely by TID'ers. I know I've booked my room as well as a few others. It it's not...maybe we can all fire up the TDI's and "soot everyone away"

Things are changing daily (for the better) for the fest. We'll be posting shortly the registration form required for attendence. Watch for that announcement. Jeff
Old November 8th, 2004, 09:40   #7
mgwerks
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/47/42

Okay, plans filed with my financial comptroller have been approved as long as she can come too, and so our reservations at the Holiday Inn have been made. We'll be seeing you there!

Mark

mgwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 21:16   #8
B100
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2003 Golf

What options are there for camping outdoors?
B100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2004, 06:53   #9
eschady
Veteran Member

The three closest options that I can think of are:

Jellystone Park in Fort Atkinson , 14 miles. N551 Wishing Well Dr
Fort Atkinson WI 53538 920-568-4500 / 877-BEARFUN http://www.bearsatfort.com/

Pilgrims Campground in Fort Atkinson , 12 miles. W7271 Hwy C Fort Atkinson WI 53538 800-742-1697

Sandhill Station State Campground
Mud Lake Rd., Lake Mills, WI 53551 (920) 648-8774

There are 15 walk-in campsites at the park (tent only). They are nestled in a secluded Oak Savannah one mile south of Lake Mills on Mud Lake Road. Drinking water and toilets are
available in the campground. One mile south of the Glacial Drumlin Trail.

You can reserve any of 12 sites through ReserveAmerica web site (exit DNR)
or by calling (888) WI PARKS ((888) 947-2757). Three sites are non-reservable.

The campground is open for camping year round. No vehicle admission stickers are required at the campground parking lot.

Sandhill station is about a mile from most Fest activities, but does not have shower facilities.

Let me know if you need additional info.
Old November 10th, 2004, 10:01   #10
TDI Owner/Operator

Default .

Old November 15th, 2004, 14:00   #11
eschady
Veteran Member

Default Re: Official 2005 TDIFest Lodging

As has been mentioned, you can reserve the hotel for even cheaper than the TDIFest rate if you book online now! But please be aware that this is non-cancellable and must be paid at the time of the registration. The three day cost after taxes is $183.26 compared to $225 using the TDIFest rate, a savings of $42 for the three days.

E
Old November 28th, 2004, 19:31   #12
The Ripster
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45-50

Well I am in for the Fest, I guess this is where you are in for the Lodging. Looking forward to it. Hopefully no more deer hits between now and then.
The Ripster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 18:25   #13
ikendu
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46 mpg

I'm in!

Got a TDIFest room with 2 queen size beds for Fri-Sat-Sun.

I would plan to bring our A-Lite 400 folding aluminum camper, but the campsites all sound like they are "far away". I don't suppose that a "temporary" campsite close to the Fest could be arranged? I might want to bring the Alite just to show a 400 lb. folding camping trailer to other TDIers. Seems like a shame to drag it along and not really use it for camping (mileage drops to about 32 mpg).

Here it is on the way to South Dakota aside a wind farm.

You can see the SOYFUEL license plate, custom Euro-style BioDiesel sticker and my dual back door BioDiesel placards for folks that walk up when I'm parked somewhere so their questions can get answered even when I'm not around the car.

The other day, two guys drove up next to me in a city and were motioning to me...I pulled over...all they wanted was to find out more about biodiesel! My first experience with people flagging me down while moving to find out more!
ikendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 20:53   #14
eyetdiman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 41 HWY, 35 City

Just made my reservations at the HI Exp.. Look forward to the weekend.

Eyetdiman
eyetdiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 13:58   #15
bluenb1
Veteran Member

Everyone, Be sure and post HERE once you have made reservations at one of the hotels.

Also, be sure and fill out your registration form and send in payment ASAP in order to get in on the early bird prizes. You'll be glad you did! Look at the list! We have some VERY nice items donated already. Only those that register and pay will be eligible. Thanks! Jeff