www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFests 2000 - 2003

TDIFests 2000 - 2003 Discussion from the past TDIFests. Inludes presentations, planning, etc...

Old August 6th, 2003, 14:58   #1
TDIDarryl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.2
Default Do I have to register?

I have to work for the TDIFest weekend (I work in Toronto) but I'd still like to attend on Sunday to meet some people and learn about my car. Do I have to register if I want to show up Sunday around 3pm after work for a few hours? I will not be staying for dinner on Sunday because I have to work very early Monday morning.

Thanks,
TDIDarryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2003, 22:15   #2
suds
Veteran Member

This is a question that has been asked before and I have always responded as follows: TDI Club was formed to share information about TDIs and help one another out as much as possible.
With that said, there is also a question of fairness to other club members. Everyone that is attending will have registered previously and paid, at a minimum, the $35 registration fee. I would expect that anyone who will be joining us to register or pay on site as you would for any other car show (like The Great Canadian Bug Show). The $35 dollars goes towards paying for the venues for TDI Fest. The fee is necessary because we are a no-fee car club which means that we do not have a "pot" to pull money from for hall rentals etc. for TDI Fest.
You can look at it this way - $35 will get you half an hour at a dealership (if even that much time) whereas $35 for TDI Fest will get you several hours with some very knowledgeable TDI folks and you'll get to meet some genuinely nice people too.
I hope that we'll get to see you at TDI Fest 2003 - I know you'll have a great time!
suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 21:35   #3
TDIDarryl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.2

Suds,

Thanks for the reply. Who (where) do I pay on site? My work schedule may change but I'd sure like to attend on Sunday.

Darryl
TDIDarryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2003, 08:48   #4
suds
Veteran Member

You can look for the guy with a crazed look in his eyes from all this coordinating! Just kidding! I'll set up a registration table near the vendors on Sunday. If you can make it to the brunch (it'll be very worth while) there'll be a registration table at the door. The brunch and talks are from 8:30-11:30 with food being available until about 10:00.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Old August 24th, 2003, 08:45   #5
DzlEnthusiast

Fuel Economy: 25/15-17/10

The same applies for me. I'd like to attend the rally and the tech session. When should I pay? When I get to drivers meet or something?

Cheers

Dzl
DzlEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2003, 12:23   #6
suds
Veteran Member

If you do not have paypal then you can pay "at the door". A prerequisite to participating in the rally (or any other event for that matter) is you must have at least registered. So, please register and pay at the door if you don't have paypal that way we will have a package for you.