HIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Well, for any of you who decide, like I did, to buy drop in HID replacements for your stock head lights, make sure you check to make sure they can even be installed. In all of the cars that I have owned, none have been engineered like my Jetta. Never had a clip the lamps plugged into that then clipped in on the assembly.

I purchased a drop in kit from DDM Tuning. Nice kit, would like to use it, but I can't just yet. The clip that the H7 lamp plugs into won't let the HID lamp be used because it is solid and there is no place to put the new lamp. So, I'll either be modifying it, (Yes, the critics will jump all over this one) or just waiting to purchase a set of new assemblies. Time will tell. Anyone done a drop in upgrade on a MKV???

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Drop in HID kit = FAIL.

Buy a real light housing made for HID capsules, or at least a decent projector setup. The reasons that HID capsules in the stock incandescent housing is a bad idea that has been discussed time and time again.

For starters, it's illegal in the US as well as it causes much undue glare for other drivers. All aside from the fact that most of the time you actually end up with LESS useful light on the road.

Discussion closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.