19 inch wheels shortly to come

Youry

Veteran Member
Remember my post a couple of month ago describing my car:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/000025.html

Well I will be changing the 18" wheels by brand new 19" ones.
The model is just being comercialized in europe and italy is planning to start the production next week, so its almost a scoop picture guys:

Its An Antera model 183
http://www.topwheels.be/Antera.html

What do you think,

Are they not great looking?

They are 8 * 19, offset 35
The wheels in the front will be Good Year F1 225/35/19 and in the back Pirelli P7000 235/35/19.

the only problem, is that they cost:
3700 US$ the complete set,

but my car is my passion so...

Let me know your comments...

------------------
Youry
TDI-110HP boosted to 140HP VW GOLF 4 Belgian owner

[This message has been edited by Youry (edited February 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Youry (edited February 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Youry (edited May 05, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Youry (edited July 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Youry (edited July 15, 2000).]

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
that is a great looking wheel, i like it better than the tsw's. will they be coming out with a 20" wheel?

------------------
2000 golf tdi. h&r coilovers. borbets 7x16. hella blacked out headlights. kamei grille.

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
I agree, these are beautiful wheels. However, how can you drive hard with only a 35 aspect ratio? Won't it be very easy to bend these beautiful rims?
(By the way I studied for a year in Louvain, before the University split into 2 campuses, so I have never seen Louvain-La-Neuve.) Are there cobblestone streets where you drive?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I think the looks would be good with the 235s on the back, but wouldn't that exacerbate understeer? Why don't you run the same size tire all around? Then you'd at least be able to rotate the tires, and you wouldn't introduce handling problems.

35 aspect ratio - it'll be a real life example of those design drawings where the tires look like rubber bands around outrageously large wheels!
Hope you don't bend them on a pot-hole!

------------------
Always interested in steep & deep.
The deep part finally made it!!!

M

mickey

Very pretty wheels! But you'll bend them if you run over a bottlecap. For a daily driver, on real-world streets, I think a 17" rim with 45 series tires is more realistic. Besides, I like to see some meat on the wheels! My new Michelin Pilots bulge out a bit beyond the wheel rims, and they look really cool! I'm looking forward to the day when I have a set of 225/45 ZR 17s on 17" rims!

I wouldn't recommend puting bigger tires on the back. VWs oversteer severely. Keep 'em the same size all around, and you may even want to follow Shine Racing's advice and get rid of the front swaybar entirely! That'll help make the handling more neutral.

-mickey

Youry

Veteran Member
I have already driven with 19 inches with 235/35/19 and it is not so much a problem as you think.
A friend of mine (the one with a beetle that I have post an image in the past) is using 19 inches since 6 months and still no issues and he drives quite a lot every day (has already done 20000 Km with the wheels.

Of course you need to be carefull, but that its already the case with 17 inches.

Know the reason why I am not putting the sale size in the front and back is that with 235 in the front you start touching a bit when you lower the car as i did (and am planning to lower it even a bit more to two inches) where in the back you have no issues you can even go up to 245 and probably 255.

I should have the wheels next week, gosh I al counting the days...

They will not exist in 20 inches !

------------------
Youry

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Youry,

You MUST post some pictures when you get everything set up!!!

------------------
Always interested in steep & deep.
The deep part finally made it!!!

Youry

Veteran Member
Well, my car is being modified for the moment I will get it back with a series of modifications including the 19 inch wheels for Tuesday 28th, the dasy just do not seem to go fast enough...

------------------
Youry

Youry

Veteran Member
BAd luck, the wheels are still not yet arrived, but my car is now lowered two inches, it looks great, I phoned the Belgian importer of Antera wheels and the wheels should be produced next week and arrive Belgium the following week, I'm pissed...
Gosh I want my wheels...

------------------
Youry

Youry

Veteran Member
The wheels arrived today to the Belgian importer, great.........

But my wheels arenot there yet.........
Gee when i will get them it will be winter if this continues like this

------------------
Youry

M

mickey

And the saga continues . . .

What's their shipping method? Camel train?

-mickey

Youry

Veteran Member
Oh yeah Mickey and the camels are starving to death, so they stay where they are without even movong of an inch...

------------------
Youry

Youry

Veteran Member
At last the tires arrived now, I will ne placing these new wheels tomorrow morning at 11:00am Central European time, so 05:00am New York time, I am dying to see them on my car....

------------------
Youry

ski DI

I have 17ers on my gasser and there is no way that I would consider going larger. Anything less than a 40 aspect ratio is an invitation for serious dings in your rims. Unless you only tool around parking lots on the weekends, you are asking for trouble. With the cost of the 19" Anteras, I would imagine that preserving them would be top priority. It sounds like "rice" to me.

Youry

Veteran Member
If i tell you that I am now transforming my GOLF4 to have the front identical to a JETTA(BORA), will you believe me ?
If not, well you are wrong, this will be done next week......

------------------
Youry

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Youry,
the topic title of this thread is becoming a running gag now - Do you have fitted the 19inchers finally ?

More important: Do you have pictures of this steamroller ? How does the ride feel ? How long will the tires last ?
I have seen a 7 series with 20inch Alpina wheels and it looks sweet with that oversized wheels - even if you have to rob a bank every year for new tires ...

Youry

Veteran Member
Oh yes I confirm they are on the car all right, it took me six month to get them (three month late), but I got hem and again as I said it is not that unconfortable to drive the car. And I keep driving like a maniac with these wheels do not care of the price, I only try to be carefull of the big holes as it would probably harm the wheels.

I al not able to take pictures since my car has not gone out of body works yet (becasue the front modified bumper has not arrived yet, it is a KARCHER model which comes from germany and left a week ago, I hope it arrives someday.

But truct me when I have pictures I will put them on this thread or a new one perhaps.

------------------
Youry