Anyone with a FMIC in a Ibiza?

hfturbo

TDI
Ibiza GT TDI 110
Hi.

I'm Ibai from Basque Country in Spain.
I'm 23 years old and I have a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo and a Ibiza GT TDI 110cv for daily.

Here you have

i'm looking for someone who have a Ibiza or a Mk3 Golf with a FMIC.

Can anyone put pictures, measures of the IC, piping needed...etc.

Thanks!

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Yes mate, cut whole saturday on the front member..

I first had an audi S2 unit, which you can see here..

It can all be done, even with the airco.. key is putting the radiator assembly about 5 cm to the back..

But now I decided to god a little bigger everything fits real nicely, I'll post some pics after the weekend..

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
actually you can leave them on the oem spot at the to, but you can move them plenty ot the bottom, remove the oil line from power steering, and use a regular hose for that, then just extend the support so far that the radiator just doesn't touches the from chassis part, then with the S2 intercooler you can use some 60mm weld L's to turn around the radiator and make your way up..

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I didn't move the A/C condenser or the radiator in my car (A/C still works!) but just got an intercooler which was 2.5" thick. There is a small gap between the intercooler and A/C condenser.

ibizacupracing

TDI
ibiza cupra tdi Davyrox ecutuned :D
hfturbo said:
thanks!

have you got of the right and left pipes going to IC (for knowing where you passed through)
on the basque country theres a guy with a gttdi and fmic , you can contact him via TRT13 on another spanish forum I cant remember. If its not far away from you home you can even visit him and see how its mounted.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
vwmikel said:
I didn't move the A/C condenser or the radiator in my car (A/C still works!) but just got an intercooler which was 2.5" thick. There is a small gap between the intercooler and A/C condenser.
maybe to golf bumper is furhter to the front? my intercooler is onto the condensor and I still had to modify the bumper alot :/

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Rub87 said:
maybe to golf bumper is furhter to the front? my intercooler is onto the condensor and I still had to modify the bumper alot :/
It might be because the US bumper sticks out a little bit more.

hfturbo

TDI
Ibiza GT TDI 110
ibizacupracing said:
on the basque country theres a guy with a gttdi and fmic , you can contact him via TRT13 on another spanish forum I cant remember. If its not far away from you home you can even visit him and see how its mounted.
I know he. But i haven't time for visiting! :D

I think i will remove the A/C radiator, here it isn't necessary and i will have more space for work!

thanks!

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
probaly.. cheap chinese, but well made, rounded endtanks.. I'll measure it 2morro..

20vK

Veteran Member
TDI
150PD Mk4 Golf
I have a cheap chinese bar and plate too! Very good welding, nice shaped end tanks! Flow was only 1psi lower than on a +£600 intercooler!!

While you are measuring, Rub, how deep is the core and how big is the pipework?

I tried to speak to the delivery company but they were shut - diff. is ready to be sent :) Will try to get them to collect on tuesday!

Richie

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
nice..

Piping is various :D turbo outlet is a little over 50, then it goes into a 54mm OD pipe, then into some hoses, also that size, then into intercooler (54mm OD), then the right L is stolen from an arl, where it connects to the egr, so it goes from 54 to 60mm OD, then towards the manifold, all 60mm..

Now I'll need to make some plumbing for the airfilter..

Flow will be even better if you comapre to the ugly allard or forge intercoolers.. can't believe anyone would pay that money for the ugly intercoolers they make..

20vK

Veteran Member
TDI
150PD Mk4 Golf
Funnily enough, my -1psi was measured against a forge - but ours was a much bigger intercooler and the forge 1 was for petrol, so better design than the diesel ones!

So, what size intercooler/induction pipework do I need for +400bhp? :)

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Bigger is better.. if you want 400hp the mniuscule bit of extra lag won't be a priority..

If the OP would want to run the S2 thingy..

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Would work, but maybe a bit overkill..? Somewhere the were formules aorund to calculate max air velocity in the piping at a given massflow, but I don't know were.. that way you can judge the correct size for your needs

I think 2.5" (63mm) will be in the ballpark..

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Rub87 said:
Yes mate, cut whole saturday on the front member..

I first had an audi S2 unit, which you can see here..

It can all be done, even with the airco.. key is putting the radiator assembly about 5 cm to the back..

But now I decided to god a little bigger everything fits real nicely, I'll post some pics after the weekend..
Ha i also had the Rs2 cooler at first great mines!!:rolleyes: :).....on the right- hand side inlet on the Audi , the hose/pipe that connects is apart of the front cross member £250 £300 ha!

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
are they standard like that in finland? with the 6k2 style airfilter and sprayer reservoir on the passenger side?