2008 VW Scirocco Confirmed

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)
It's horrible if you ask me... Passat face, Passat rims, Audi A3 lateral and Audi TT back (at least from the picture). Total lack of imagination. Just like the new Polo... :(

Hope I haven't broken anyone's feelings.

scknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI 6MT
Well the first one is some kind of photoshop, since that car wouldnt actually run on streets with no clearance betw the 25 inch wheels and frame. And I agree the second one is ugly as sin. . . but it would be cool to have some kind of Scirocco.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Beetle, then Rabbit, now Scirocco... When does the all new Dasher arrive?

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
I like the yellow one. I wonder if the re-introduction of the Scirocco will hurt the value of my 87 16V....

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I think it looks fairly nice. Is the world ready yet for a diesel sports car? It has an interesting range of engines. The 1.4 TSI is one gas engine I'd love to see over here. A 2.0 TDI has serious grunt. Read my trip report about my 1500 miles behind the wheel of a Seat Altea with the 2.0 TDI (138 hp/236 lb-ft, six-speed manual). It had a really solid chassis and was downright sporty to drive.

If Audi can win races with a TDI, then just maybe the world is ready for a TDI sports coupe.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
PlaneCrazy said:
... Is the world ready yet for a diesel sports car? ...If Audi can win races with a TDI, then just maybe the world is ready for a TDI sports coupe.
Exactly.

Probably take a while though, and IMO it needs a look that is a little closer to GT prototype than blunt nosed Chrysler sedan styling.

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
R2point0 said:
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
A. Carlson
LOL I love WKRP. Just a few weeks ago at work we were talking about distributing turkeys. I said let's get a helicopter & let them fly then when you catch one it's yours. Nobody got the joke. They just thought I was a hillbilly.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
drwho said:
"I like the yellow one. I wonder if the re-introduction of the Scirocco will hurt the value of my 87 16V...."

I think it will help it. Sometimes something revived brings interest in the older stuff. Happened with Nissan Z-cars for a while. I just hope they will offer the new Scirocco with the TDI over here. Paul 2000 TDI Beetle 66K
VW's marketing sucks, I wouldn't hold my breath for a TDi Scirocco. Given the history of the earlier scirocco models, there will be only 2 gas engine offerings. The GTi is not eye catching , to the average person , it is just another Rabbit. In that sense, it is a good thing that VW will offer a distinguishing sports car but it will probably be priced in the mid $30s.
they should have brought the Seat Leon Cupra as the new Scirocco few yrs ago.

I will be keeping and restoring my 87. It brings back the pleasure of real driving after riding all week on the heavy boring MK4

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
Like a lot of you, I am not feeling too nostalgic when I look at this next generation Scirocco. While it bears the name, that appears to be about it.

Call me a turd, but if you are going to use a throwback name, I want to see some throwback style. :confused:

Tin Man

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Daughter's: 2004 NB TDI PD GLS DSG (gone to pasture)
Tickbait said:
Call me a turd, but if you are going to use a throwback name, I want to see some throwback style. :confused:
You're a turd, Tickbait!:D

Yeah, I like the Corrado and even the Scirocco styling too.

TM

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Tickbait said:
Like a lot of you, I am not feeling too nostalgic when I look at this next generation Scirocco. While it bears the name, that appears to be about it.

I agree it looks nothing like a Corrado or Scirocco. Its more of a the next generation Golf:mad: