fs: 2004 Golf GLS TDI - Los Angeles

vw.bella

TDI
2004 Golf
Vietnam or BUST! I’m moving out of the country in only a few short weeks, make that 14 days. My lovely car is the last vestige of personal property I cannot carry on the plane.

2004 Golf GLS TDI. I drove her off the lot in October 2004 and have been the sole owner/driver.
147,500 miles. City and hwy combined. Lots of commuting and a few roadtrips along the way.
$9,800/OBO. Don’t think that because I need to sell quick means I’ll sell cheap. Let’s talk.J

5-speed manual, 4 door hatchback, sunroof, Silver, Grey cloth interior, all other standard items with GLS.

I’ve done my best to maintain service records. The services have been completed by reputable mechanics. My filing system has not always been so keen over the years, and I have gathered all that I could find. I had been using biodiesel off and on during my time with the car up until the end of 2009. All documents are available for viewing and will be part of sale! Here are the major services at a glance:

· 09/2004 – Bought at Chapman VW in Scottsdale, Arizona.
· Initial 5k and 10k service provided by Barber Volkswagen in Ventura, California.
· Routine oil changes completed at intervals every 5k – 10k.
· 08/2007 – new tires
· 03/2008 – 100k service completed at Wild Rose Motors, Whittier, California
· 07/2008 – rear brakes
· 12/2009 – 10k full service by Tom Francis, Santa Monica, California (126K)
· 07/2010 – passed California SMOG
· 09/2010 – new battery
· 11/2010 – routine oil change (141K)
· 03/2011 – routine oil change (146k)

*Scheduled for trip to Santa Monica VW on 04/02/11 for recall on glow plug system. Will have VW do overview of car at that time and update with any findings.

I have title in hand and ready to sell. Lots of miles = lots of love. Link to pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/bellajillian/2004VWGolfTDI?authkey=Gv1sRgCJHi0Lj8l42lXg&feat=directlink

I hope I have listed everything one might need to consider. PM me with any further questions and most importantly with interest.

Also check out eBay classified ad with AutoCheck summary.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160566802429#full-history

vwcruisn

TDI
05' Jetta GLS
just my opinion...

your asking price is a bit high. I think your car books for around 6-7k. If you need to sell it fast, you may need to lower your price. In any event, good luck with the sale!

vw.bella

TDI
2004 Golf
I priced based on the market rate after reviewing other cars within a three year range for sale across a variety of online venues. The average price was $12,100. Add to that, I'm the original one and only owner, clean title, known history, and comprehensive maintenance record.

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
vwcrusin, you wrote:

I think your car books for around 6-7k.

My car, a 2003 TDI wagon, books for about $7,500. I'm pretty certain I could get at least $3k more for it because of it's demand in the market.

If you could ask and get $9,800 for a well maintained, properly serviced,(well, maybe OCIs were a little short) one-owner, So-Cal car like the Op has, wouldn't you list it for what other folks are asking and getting for their TDIs. Especially on the West Coast!!

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto
Look at his join date...

vwcruisn

TDI
05' Jetta GLS
Look at his join date...
i've owned vdubs since i was 16... your point?

the OP is moving and needs to sell soon, i was simply giving the OP advice.
and what do you know, the car has not sold yet (i don't think).

@whyfish - ok, but for whatever reason, a wagon has a much higher demand than a 4 door golf would't you agree? I personally would never drive a wagon but to each his own!

Last edited:

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto, 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI Manual, 2001 VW Jetta GLS TDI Auto
i've owned vdubs since i was 16... your point?

the OP is moving and needs to sell soon, i was simply giving the OP advice.
and what do you know, the car has not sold yet (i don't think).
If you have had since 16 you should know that there is a huge following and that blue book means nothing. I am sure he doesn't need your advice to sell his car. He is far more educated then most since he knows to post on a TDI forum. Just my $.02....

vw.bella

TDI
2004 Golf
Yes, SHE is still selling the car. I have been in negotiations with 3 potential and serious buyers. I expect the car to be sold Saturday. If anyone can beat the offers I have received, I will gladly accept. PM me for more info.

I may be a "newbie" as a member, but I've spent the last 7 years using the resources and experience available on this site. Which is why I chose to post an ad to other consumers who know the value of a TDI.

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, SHE is still selling the car. I have been in negotiations with 3 potential and serious buyers. I expect the car to be sold Saturday. If anyone can beat the offers I have received, I will gladly accept. PM me for more info.

I may be a "newbie" as a member, but I've spent the last 7 years using the resources and experience available on this site. Which is why I chose to post an ad to other consumers who know the value of a TDI.

Wasnt saying to look at your join date...

jetta2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Read the whole post and you would have figured it out!!!!!!

Place

TDI
None!
I mean no harm, just pointing out that it is conceivable that one might be confused.

vw.bella

TDI
2004 Golf
NADA clean retail is $9300, wish you were on the other coast. Make em pay what its worth Bella! And good luck.
Thank you! I feel vindicated and a renewed sense of hope as I was starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from the disparaging comments and PM's I've received. The internet seems to draw out a gamut of characters, from unsolicited opinion givers and naysayers, to understanding and encouraging.

When I bought my car, I had every intention of keeping it for many years. When opportunity knocked for me to experience a whole new way of living across the globe, I said yes. I don't know what lies ahead for me, I hope to never have to sell another car again, and if I do own another car, it will always be a TDI for me!

Shastapk

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Yea, ignore the jerks- your price seems about right for your area-and your timing belt was done right. I just got back from 2 months in Vietnam- loved it and planning to return. Just curious- did you find a job there? I could easily live there, but earning a living there seems tough. Best of luck with the sale and your upcoming journey.

vw.bella

TDI
2004 Golf
Just curious- did you find a job there? I could easily live there, but earning a living there seems tough.
Going with the intention of teaching English. Hoping to just make enough to live simply, never work full time, and travel. The ten year plan is to make it around the world working in various countries experiencing as much as I can! I have a one way ticket to Vietnam, and we'll see what happens from there!