03 jetta tdi wagon trouble starting/running

Sailfast05

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Hey fellow tdi owners,
Looking for a mechanic in the Columbia/Clarksville MD area who does side work and has a Vag-com diagnostic computer to help trouble shoot. The car coughed ran for a few seconds then stalled. Got it home in limp mode. Got a generic P0252 code. Talked to a trdi mech at a shop and he said replace the fuel filter. Did that, got it running today but the CEL came back right as the tow truck arrived to take it to a shop. Got to the shop and car wouldn't start to get it off the roll back. Went into the shop and they said they don't have the vag-com diagnostic setup. Have been told by a friend/fellow tdi owner that I need the vag-com to do proper diagnostics and any adjustments. Any help/advice on a mech with a vag com would be appreciated. Cheers

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
have it towed to Tom's place in Stafford VA... he's the best! tell him I sent ya'

ninedee_golf_tdi