2001 Golf TDI 6 speed 02m, Berkeley, CA $3000 OBO, lots of upgrades

casioqv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
2001 Golf TDI 6 speed 02m, Berkeley, CA $3500 OBO, lots of upgrades

Edit: SOLD

I'm selling my 2001 VW Golf GLS TDI with 200k miles. This is a 'late 2001' model, which is functionally a 2002. White with black interior. Fully loaded (heated mirrors, etc.), and everything works. Straight body with zero rust and intact paint other than a few chips and scratches. It's well maintained with lots of upgrades:

• Dieselgeek Panzer skid plate
  • ASR/EDL traction control
  • Converted to an 02m 6 speed transmission with new clutch and flywheel, using a kit from Frans installed just 10k miles ago
  • Westfalia euro trailer hitch
  • Always used synthetic fluids and OEM filters, including Mobil 1 TDT
  • New 100k timing belt kit and new brakes just 10k miles ago
  • Extensive maintenance records, everything done on time with OEM or better parts
  • Burns no oil, and oil analysis shows engine is in perfect condition
  • Yakima roof rack and thule box included (pictured)
  • Has a monsoon stereo with cd changer, and ipod integration/aux-in cable added
  • Almost new tires
  • Spikes spider quick removal chains
  • Ice cold A/C
  • Located in Berkley California

I set this up to be trouble free for another 100k miles before our son was born, but my wife couldn't get used to driving a manual after converting it, so we bought another automatic TDI. Our loss is your gain! More photos soon...

Last edited:

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I don't see the Thule cargo container and roof rack included in the itemzied list.

Are these also included?

casioqv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
To clarify, the price is $3500, I had a typo in the initial post that I corrected, but didn't propagate to some places.

casioqv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
It's not sold yet, but there's a very long list of people waiting to see it, and I'm planning to go through the list in order they contacted me.

casioqv

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I've been pretty busy with work, but I still have it, and if you messaged me, you are on my list of people interested and you will hear from me eventually.