FS: 2002 Jetta GLS TDi -NY State Hudson Valley- 236k- $2500.00 obo

gotta_jett

Veteran Member
After 8 years, 236k loving miles. I feel my Jetta has run it's course as a daily long-distance commuter. I joined TDICLUB before I bought the car and have loved both the car and the forum. My jetta was a very reliable car for a long time and unfortunately now has several nagging issues I simply don't have the time to deal with. I did all oil changes on time with either Rotella T or Mobil 1 T&SUV. All timing belts and other work were performed by TDI-Club -approved mechanics. I feel someone with some time and expertise could get the car running reliably again. Here is the list of known issues:

The MAJOR issue involves the throttle. It simply stops working at times (!!). Engine will continue to idle yet pushing the throttle doesn't do anything. Usually will come back after engine reboot but not always. When this happens glow plug light will also start blinking. It is for this reason I do not consider the car roadworthy at this time.

Clutch plate fell off A/C. Probably laying on the skid plate like last time..lol.

Radio sometimes needs a fuse-pull/replace to turn on...otherwise will just show "check" on the display (Monsoon system)

Trunk mechanism should be replaced. Trunk closes but does not latch.

AirBag light on...have no clue why.

Otherwise the car is in decent shape. No major rust. Tires are almost new Michelin Pilot Exaltos (about 18k on them) .Miles are 90% highway...the car did a 160 mile R/T commute daily. Routinely got 48-51 MPG.
I loved this car and it saddens me to have to sell it. If I needed a second car I would probably keep it but that's not needed so hopefully someone would like to have a look. My direct email is mountaingent2000@yahoo.com.

Pictures:
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/roachemotel/IMG00053-20101107-1555.jpg
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/roachemotel/IMG00052-20101107-1554.jpg
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/roachemotel/IMG00051-20101107-1553.jpg
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/roachemotel/IMG00050-20101107-1552.jpg

Thanks!
Eric

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You need a pedal position sensor, which is integral with the accelerator pedal, not a big deal.

The clutch fell off because the nut was allowed to get loose, common problem, easily avoided, but too late now. It *may* be able to be fixed with a new clutch, but those cost almost as much as a whole compressor for some reason.

Trunk latch, probably easy enough to fix.

Good luck with your sale, sounds like a decent deal. Personally I'd fix it and keep on drivin', that is a good car to have. Heck, my ALH is two years older and nearing 400k miles. :)

gotta_jett

Veteran Member
Thanks Oilhammer!
I wish I could keep it. The nearest TDi Mechanic to me (that I have any trust in) is 62 miles away. My local guy (who is great) won't touch the car. I have unfortunately lost too many days of work with these issues. I wish I had more flexibility with my schedule so I had the time to work them out but I simply do not. I agree it's a great car overall.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
aah ok.. That's about 40 miles away.. Would you be available this weekend, possibly Sunday to look at it? If not, I think I can bribe my buddy Joe (Joe TDI) to go look at it for me, he lives only a few miles from there..

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I really don't need any more TDIs, but just wondering what is your asking price? This car is not far from me.

gotta_jett

Veteran Member
Howdy Folks!

The car sold today! Thanks for everyone's interest. Someday I hope to be in a TDi again...I dream about the Audi TT Tdi :)