Passenger Mirror Turn Signal Not Working

jayreading

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Black
I just noticed that the passenger side mirror turn signal light is not working. I ran the Vag Com and here is what I got:

Sunday,08,November,2009,13:18:09:20642
VCDS Version: Release 908.1

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN2.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 959 702 K
Component and/or Version: Tuer-SG 024 2377
Software Coding: 0001269
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066 000 00000
1 Fault Found:

00110 - Right Mirror Turn Signal Lamp (L132)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

I looked for a broken wire in the harness at the door and did not see any. The car is a 2006 Jette TDI. I do not know how long the light has not been working. Any ideas on trouble shooting this would be appreciated.

Sebastian

Vendor
If you are certain that the bulb itself is fine, I'd suggest you grab a multimeter and a wiring diagram. Other than that you won't see where it comes from.

jayreading

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Black
The mirrors have LEDs and they are not supposed to burn out. I have not been able to access the point where the LEDs get current. My Bentley manual describes the opening of a light my car doesn't have. Does anyone know how to access the LED so I can test to see if it is getting signal to Flash?

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
jayreading said:
The mirrors have LEDs and they are not supposed to burn out. I have not been able to access the point where the LEDs get current. My Bentley manual describes the opening of a light my car doesn't have. Does anyone know how to access the LED so I can test to see if it is getting signal to Flash?
Who told you that led lights don't go out?
I replace on Mercedes at least 100 mirror ones. Just change it and problem will be gone.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
You have to take mirror cover out to get to led. It is hard to explain how to do it,it would be easy to find pictures.Try to search on forum for some pictures or online.

jayreading

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Black
It took me about 30 minute to figure how to get it apart. I should have removed the mirror first. Once the mirror is off, you can see the screws that are holding the light on and then it snaps off. Two screws and the bottom part comes off fairly easy.

Roketman

TDI
2006 Jetta
P/S Mirror Directional not functioning.

MKV tdi 2006

Removed the LED Bulb Unit and hooked 13.5 vdc and the bulb worked.

Don't seem to get any Voltage at the plug. Didn't see the wire in the door harness so maybe the wire comes from a door module.

Also heard about Vag Com where the settings had the signal turned off.

Any insight?