99 VW bug 1.9
1999 bug 1.9 150,404k miles

Original code said fuel temp sensor bad::mad:

Sence the begining of my power problems, I have done the following:

MAF check, power got worse.
Cleaned snow screen.
Replaced fuel temp sensor, per VAG-COM code. Power came back for a month.:D
Changed filters, air and fuel.
Ran Wynns diesel injector cleaner, great improvment in power but still temporary.

New code: 17656 - Start of injection Timing Regulation: Control Deviation.:mad:

Per sugested threads, used SFR diesel addative hoping for tlc lubricty in the pump.
Changed all vacum lines. Increase in power but shill trigerd the code on high power demand in 5th.:D :mad: Engine is much lowder after changing vacume lines.:rolleyes:
Used injetor cleaner again, no result.

The previouse owner replaced the TB, tentioner and rolers at 85k, per this site. He also installed different injectors, cant remember what ones he said. He cleaned the intake manifold at 60k, had about the size of a pencil opening. While he owned it it comuted 40 mikes highway 5 days a week and very little town driving. I comute 90 miles one way 3 to 5 days a week, once again, very little in town driving.

So, with all this being said, is time for a new injector pump?
If so, do you reccomend new or rebuilt?

Thanks
Dave

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Sounds like you might just need to replace the FTC.

I'd pull the QA housing and look underneith for a "fuzzy" circle (a magnet). that'll tell you if it should be rebuilt... look for diesel fuel injection service (DFIS) on the trusted mechanics link.