Slight itinerary change to accomodate Autocross

M

mickey

There will be no autocross on Saturday, for two reasons: First, everybody wants big $$$ to use their parking lot, and it would be too expensive spread around a half dozen forum members. Second, the Bonneville thing will take up most of the day...especially considering the 'flats are a 300 mile round trip from Park City!

However, the SCCA has an autocross every Sunday anyway, and it should only cost about $15 or $20 per car to join the fun! We can make some gassers look silly.
(Hopefully.)

Pugs is looking into details. If this works out, we'll have the Autocross, Car Show and Awards Banquet on Sunday.

That will hopefully leave some time on Saturday for shooting holes in the desert landscape, Go-Karting or general "touristing" in the late afternoon/evening on Saturday.

I with the Fest was 2 or 3 days longer! We could fit in more stuff!

-mickey

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL... 2 - 3 days longer. hehehe, that would be fun.

86gasers

Hey Mickey, SCCA road-cross is at the E Center on Sunday. Usually are about 40 gasers at the road-cross. I raced there about 4 weeks ago and suprised alot of gasers. The cost is $25. and you have to work a corner unless you show up early (8am) and help set-up. TDI's will probably want to run in the STS class, If you are chipped, do not tell anyone.
The E-Center is a good site, the course will take about 70-90 seconds to run and will be sure to draw a crowd.

M

mickey

Thanks! I've been waiting to hear back from Pugs on that issue, but I think he's dropped off the face of the Earth or something.

-mickey

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
More details? Where is the E Center relative to Park City? I'm interested in running and willing to help set-up.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Car show Sunday? Works great for us, as we will leave home about 3AM Saturday for the 9-10 hour drive to Park City. We will be ready for the car show by Sunday...need Saturday for R&R.