FS: MK IV Bora \ Jetta OEM Xenon HID Headlights Replicas, Great Quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwspen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I bought a set of these last week. Got them home today and the fit & finish seemed good.

That is until my dog knocked one of them off the counter.

Final damage?

Xenon bulb smashed to bits
Retaining ring for Xenon bulb smashed to bits
Interior chrome "surround" (not reflector) now has an ugly crack. In every-day use, probably won't notice it, but just bugs me that I know it's there.
Levelling motor popped out of adjustment socket.
One of the top adjusters popped out of adjustment socket.

So...

Where's the best place to get a quality HID bulb? eBay shows Osram Xenarc (same as the other bulb) D2S bulbs for about $70 shipped.

Also, where can one find that plastic retaining ring?

vancity

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2001
I'm really sorry that the lights got damaged by your dog.

I will check, I may have a spare retaining ring that I can send to you. It would be the same ring you find on the Audi TT or BMW E46 projector housing.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i would say look and see what people recommend on vortex and buy a pair....because the colors might not match between brand even at the same temp level...

and keep the one you currently have for a spare

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
CLEARING OUT ALL REMAINING BLACK SETS! Only $599 shipped. This is the final price until all lights are sold. I need to make room for some new stock!

Lights are not dog proof...

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
I have a spare bulb holder (retaining ring) I can send to you. Just pm your address.

I bought a set of these last week. Got them home today and the fit & finish seemed good.

That is until my dog knocked one of them off the counter.

Final damage?

Xenon bulb smashed to bits
Retaining ring for Xenon bulb smashed to bits
Interior chrome "surround" (not reflector) now has an ugly crack. In every-day use, probably won't notice it, but just bugs me that I know it's there.
Levelling motor popped out of adjustment socket.
One of the top adjusters popped out of adjustment socket.

So...

Where's the best place to get a quality HID bulb? eBay shows Osram Xenarc (same as the other bulb) D2S bulbs for about $70 shipped.

Also, where can one find that plastic retaining ring?

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
When will you have more chromes available?
I will have a couple of chrome sets like the ones here in April, if you like to reserve them.

I'm going to be testing out a similar chrome HID Rep, but with a larger projector housing, 2.5" in size. It's suppose to have better internals, and a similar beam pattern to the E55 or morimoto projectors. I shiould have these ready. I will let you guys know the results once I get them.

Why not try a set in black?

Last edited:

bostongsx

Veteran Member
TDI
06,00,91,89,87 TDI jettas
Are there any black housing sets still available, can you pm me a quote shipped to 02132

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Do you offer anything for MKIV Golf's
I had checked with my supplier, and they can make a very good quality replica of the Golf OEM HIDS which look just like the originals. They just need a very large order to make the molds, etc. The price would have to be about the same at around $600 a set.

The problem is Helix, FK, Depo all make a variety of "replica" projector headlights which kind of look like the real ones. One could drop in an HID kit, or it would be relatively easy to retrofit with a good set of real Xenon projectors for a lower cost than what these replicas cost.

I would have to say the lights I am selling are better quality than these other brands, but alot of people arent willing to pay the extra $.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Down to 3 black sets.

Chrome sets will be ordered at the end of the month, and should be in at the end of June. I wont be re-ordering black sets.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Way overdue with my photos. But here are the headlights and fogs installed:

Still very happy with the headlights. Fogs just went on today so I can't really comment on those.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
They look great, Dave. I've got a set waiting to be installed. Maybe next weekend, time and cevans willing. I'm thinking of getting them 3M clear coated. Good idea?

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Painter in Hinckley's Florida yard sands hazy plastic lenses with 220/320/600 and then shoots them with clear Imron; seem to hold up fine down there (FL sun/UV is very intense compared to NE). With a new lenses a scuff with 1000 should suffice.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Hey, I'm down to only one black set of these HID Reps, if you are interested in them, let me know.

I will be getting some more of the chrome sets, but they probably wont be here until the end of June.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
SO anyone else install a black set let see some pics. I will have to wait a few weeks for mine to be in.

Jimbob_1000

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora, 2003
If anyone is interested in hooking up the motors, here's what I wrote in another section.

As for making the motors work, you'll need the euro rheostat with leveler (ECS Rheostat ), and the wiring (ECS Wiring), and 2 repair wires from the dealer (each as 2 ends so you'll have a total of 4 when you cut them in half) P/N 000 979 133
In the OEM 10 pin connector that connects to the headlights, the ECS ends will plug into slot 5, and the repair wires will go in 1 & 3. You'll need to tap the wire in the 1 spot into 7, and 3 into 8, for power. And that's it!

To be honest, I would say only purchase the rheostat from ECS. The wiring i think just about anyone could do on their own and save 95% of the cost. The hard part is finding the back side connector to the rheostat. If you could find it and rewire your self, then that would be ideal.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
An addendum to what jimbo said, but you can skip buying the 2 extra repair wires and can do the splicing for power and ground internally in the housing. Makes the install a bit cleaner and has the benefit of keeping the connectors in the housing where they are better protected.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Last black set has sold... thanks everybody!

I will have a new add up in about a couple of weeks reviewing the newer HIDs Reps with the larger projector, plus it's bi-xenon. You be able to order the regular chrome HID reps as well.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
so you will be getting more of the regular chrome HID replicas? at some point i want to order a set for my dad. i still haven't gotten around to taking night pics, but these lights are awesome. i love mine and very impressed with the quality. finally, HID replicas that are nice and at a sane price :D

MILESB

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta, 04 Passat Wagon
interested

can you pm me more details on these, and what i need to install and what else is needed to make them fully functional on my 2003 jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.