Contemplating MKVi JSW CPO

AndiS

Veteran Member
Hi Everyone,

After 15 years & 350k miles (original clutch), my '01 Beetle TDI has left me TDI-less for a while. I'm currently looking at a bunch of Mk VI JSW DSG (wifey ruled out MT) CPO.

I had a chance to drive a '13 JSW DSG the other day, seems that the "fix" took out power from the car, it doesn't feel as torquey from a full stop. Am I just imagining this? I presume there's a chip fix for this?

I'm not familiar with the differences/changes from year to year, the most obvious that I noticed was that the shift lever slimmed down from MY 12 onward (MY 11 had a pretty "wide" shift lever from 1 pic that I saw).

I love the idea of 24 mo unlimited mileage warranty, but I have yet to see the exclusion list.

Any comments/suggestions?

BTW, I'm seeing quite a few of these for under $10k which is something that got my attention.

My daughter's '16 Jetta Sport lease ends May 14, 2019, so I have about 60 days to decide what I want since she'll be taking my 13 Passat SE (Paid in full, so she has no car payments while finishing up Med School).

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
Changes from 2010-2014 are minimal at best. I’d look for the best condition/low mileage car in any of those model years in the color you prefer. There are plenty to choose from so you can afford to be picky (I was). Good luck!

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
$50 deductible on the CPO. Just had an A/C compressor replaced, injector seals and previously a rear caliper. Well worth it in my opinion to find a CPO car. Consumables, wear and tear obviously not covered. Tried to get the hood sound deadening material replaced, as it was sagging at the rear and it was not covered.

2014 adds the back up camera to the JSW, not much else different in the cars.

Concerning the CJAA engine, I honestly do not feel a difference in power and I have put lots of miles on them in the last 5 years. Slightly louder and more frequent regens.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
From stock 2011 JSW to stock 2014 JSW. I feel the 2014 is a tad faster than my old 2011 from original ecu programming in my 2011 compared to stage 1 fix in my 2014 from full stop to accelerate. Only differences I can say is rear view camera. Everything else are the same.

Some JSW has push button to start. My 2014 don’t have it. Probably applies to pano sunroof JSW as they are “upgraded” versions but if I were you, I would stay the heck away from Pano roof JSW, they are nothing but headaches of leaking and making noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk