will 04 passat GLX 4-m wagon gasser rims fit on 06 jetta TDI?

trapperkeeper

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4, Jetta MK5
Hi, I am wondering if the snow tires that I use on my 2004 GLX 4-motion wagon passat gasser will fit a new 2006 Jetta TDI that I ordered? The tire sizes are the same - 205/55R16 - but is the bolt pattern the same? Thanks!

farfrumsanity

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta-2005 Reflex Silver A-5
I had a MK-4 with the 15" wheels, and had a set of winter tires on them, and bought stock steel wheels from a Passat in 15" and they fit and do not look misapplied due to the different offset. The difference is about a half inch. The late model Passat has the 5 on 112mm bolt circle. The reason I got the Passat wheels was that I had the 15" tires and Goodyear didn't offer them in 16", and the steel wheels cost $25 each from a wrecking yard near me.

trapperkeeper

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4, Jetta MK5
don't understand the offset terminology

Hi, thanks for the info, so it sounds like the rims will fit, but I don't understand the offset terminology, what does a 50 vs. a 37 mean and how/why should I be concerned if I run my 04 passat glx 4-mo gasser snows on the 06 jetta tdi?

trapperkeeper

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4, Jetta MK5
thanks!

I appreciate the info, Tomo, I guess I'll just have to see how they look and make sure that they clear everything.