Help me pick a big turbo!

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
I have a gtb2060vklr that i will try to adapt on a Golf mk3 afn, would you advice to avoid using restrictor too ? Any tips for installation ? Thanks in advance.

No problems with 2260VKLR here! They are designed to last 1 000 000km, so if the installation isnt done bad there should be no issues.
I use no oil restrictor!

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
I believe the GTB2260vklr MecEvo is building me has a billet compressor wheel and a stock turbine wheel.

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
I have a gtb2060vklr that i will try to adapt on a Golf mk3 afn, would you advice to avoid using restrictor too ? Any tips for installation ? Thanks in advance.
I was told the restrictor was in the turbo. So I just installed a 1/4" hose to it.
Other than that just make sure return line is in good angle.

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
Hi guys, have been reading this thread with interest, especially around the issues you have been experiencing with the VKLR turbos.

I am in the process of ordering a hybrid 2260VKLR that has bigger turbine and comp wheels for a c350 CDI, from the sounds of your findings I shouldn't have the issue due to placement with oil drainage but wondering about the 1mm size and having less back pressure with no DPF. Anyone have any experience fitting the hybrid VKLR to this engine?

I hope as it's the standard turbo I won't get the oil in exhaust issues ��

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
There is only one way to find out mate, buy it, fit it then report back with findings /results !

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, the GTB2260VKLR has been in for a bit now. Going in for dyno test on Monday. Pulls hard north of 3,000RPM! Dyno results to come....

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
Was like 331 torque. Since we've fiddled with the DSG tune, upped clamping pressure. Looking forward to dynoing again.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I heard from members horrifying stories about 2260VKLR, I am really paying close attention to this thread about this turbo, pls continue to report back, I really like to try this turbo

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
So far so good. I know Mac had some problems with getting oil in the exhaust. I have no sign of this. I'm more concerned about getting the head studs installed at this point. Still on the stock head bolts.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
So far so good. I know Mac had some problems with getting oil in the exhaust. I have no sign of this. I'm more concerned about getting the head studs installed at this point. Still on the stock head bolts.
So anything was done different to your turbo when it was built up, or TW is the same oem? I've been having hesitations about buying it cause from the bad rap I'm getting from members here

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
The problems we've got with the vklr was because of a new lighter turbine wheel shaft.
I think the original units are fine to use as they come.
I will stick to jb turbos, i have more trust in them :)