Forgot Intermediate Plate on Trans

Turbski

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
How important is the intermediate plate on the transmission? I swapped in an SBC stage two clutch with a LUK DMF. Got everything bolted up and went for a drive. No odd noises or anything. Got back home, saw my intermediate plate had fallen of my parts shelf and was behind it, meaning I forgot to put it back on. Is there a reason for this plate? Is it important to reinstall it? I would very much like to not pull it back apart.

Turbski

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I pulled it back apart because I hate half assing things. Let me just say that pulling that transmission a second time is the closest I've come to crying as a grown man. I think I set myself back about 3 hours total between having to remove the already torqued to spec cv axles, ball joints, and everything on top of the trans. I will never forget that piece again!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I feel your pain, you’re not the first one to do something like that. I didn’t replace a pivot pin on a clutch job. I had to pull the transmission again to replace what was then a $9.95 item along with the $3.00 clip.

Live and learn.