The Source

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
MoldovaDIZEL said:
Hey Jason, Did Nigel teach you how to do the window mod:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i d love one :D
Nah , he was too quick on the keys and he ahs my old laptop, but it is a cool feature.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Thought i'd used an old thread instead of starting a new one. My friend passed by at The Source to pick up some parts. Mike is no longer there. He asked around and wasn't told much. He then asked a couple of mechanics he knows that use The Source for parts and they advised he has passed. Is this true? Can anyone validate.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Thought i'd used an old thread instead of starting a new one. My friend passed by at The Source to pick up some parts. Mike is no longer there. He asked around and wasn't told much. He then asked a couple of mechanics he knows that use The Source for parts and they advised he has passed. Is this true? Can anyone validate.

Yes John, it looks like he has passed away. Google search thesourceforvw, then click on the Google reviews, sort by Newest, and there are a couple of reviews posted about 2 months ago confirming that.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Now i am shocked. I wonder what will happen to the business. I hope it survives and doesn't get sold and closed. Truly a great source for parts. RIP Mike.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Yes John, it looks like he has passed away. Google search thesourceforvw, then click on the Google reviews, sort by Newest, and there are a couple of reviews posted about 2 months ago confirming that.
Can't seem to find how to check Google reviews.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Yes - heard he died of lung cancer. Mike was great to deal with, I enjoyed watching him deal with first time customers that were not accustomed to his way of doing business :)

No soup for you!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
if you google it, then click on the MAP, there is a '89 reviews', click on that and they show up.
Thanks, that worked. It is sad to see him pass away. He was unique that's for sure.

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
ahhhhhh, brutal news. Mike actually seemed to lighten up the last year or so, actually conversed with him the last few times in, particularly with my transition into a wagon. The back house dudes are good dudes, hope they do keep it going.

But yeah, chain smoked a ton, hard to hear it was lung cancer. Was a good dude in his non-conversative way. RIP Cranky Mike.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Closed

Since I didn't see this posted yet... the business appears to be non-operational... doors locked, phone unanswered, and someone nearby said they were "throwing away" everything inside...

Too bad...

Yuri

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Since I didn't see this posted yet... the business appears to be non-operational... doors locked, phone unanswered, and someone nearby said they were "throwing away" everything inside...

Too bad...

Yuri
Is there anyone near by that can see if this is true? Is it an opportunity to pick up items?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Maybe this is what Mike wanted for the business after he was gone.