Ugly Exxon and Love's Diesel

Luis

Veteran Member
Ugly Exxon and Love\'s Diesel

Anyone living in Texas should be warned of "unhealthy" fuel being sold both by Exxon and Love's Truck Stops. Conoco was not that bad.

After using Pemex for 6 months, during my last trip to the U.S. I had to refuel three times. First one was Exxon. I noticed after +/- 100 miles that my engine lacked a bit of power, it began smoking (black) when accelerating and upon my arrival to Dallas (after 350 miles with the bad fuel) half of my rear fender was BLACK. I tried to correct the bad fuel issue by adding an STP additive and refueling with Conoco. It helped a bit.

On my way down I topped the tank (about 10 gallons) with Love's fuel and then again, lack of power and black smoke.

As soon as I got into Monterrey, I refuled with Pemex and 4 ounces of PS and now all my problems are gone...No smoke, power and at 4,000 rpm my TDI still rumbles.

BTW, my average MPG in this trip was 49, at 75 MPH, A/C, three people on board and a LOT of baggage. The trick: 36 psi on all 4 tires...

Luis.

S

SkyPup

Re: Ugly Exxon and Love\'s Diesel

Exxon, Texaco, Citgo, Chevron, and BP all smoke like a dog for me, I won't even put that crud in my 20 year old tractor.

dr_brian

Veteran Member
Re: Ugly Exxon and Love\'s Diesel

unfortunately for me, Texaco Premium is the only thing I have found in my little hole in the wall of killeen that doesn't smoke on me..yet. I am moving to san antonio next month. Anyone have experience with where to get decent diesel there?