Lost my Best Friend yesterday........

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Well it has happened again......We Lost Griff at 1:00 AM this morning......He was 26 months old.....we had him for 18 months......it is hard for me to breath right now....
Griff had an Abcess on his Panceas and went into surgery yesterday he never woke up......
I have never in my life had feeling of emptiness as I do right now.....2 Best Buddys in 18 months......what am I doing wrong in my life to deserve this???

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
wow, that sucks.

plenty of best buddies looking for homes on petfinder.com to help fill that emptiness.

found that helped me (adopting another dog from a rescue shelter) after my first one passed away, he's still pictured in my avatar.

VWDoggy

TDI
2012 golf
Well it has happened again......We Lost Griff at 1:00 AM this morning......He was 26 months old.....we had him for 18 months......it is hard for me to breath right now....
Griff had an Abcess on his Panceas and went into surgery yesterday he never woke up......
I have never in my life had feeling of emptiness as I do right now.....2 Best Buddys in 18 months......what am I doing wrong in my life to deserve this???
Keep them in you heart and get a new pup to share life with you...

strick9

TDI
2003 TDI Wagon
Oh man, Tom, I'm so sorry. I won't feel bad at all if you don't answer my PM I *just* sent (before reading this) for a while.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Wow! I'm speechless. I opened this thread expecting to see an update on Griff, but not one like this.

My deepest condolences.

Calico Red

Perpetual Newbie
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue (sold 2/25/2012), Jetta 2005 Blue
Tom,
I am so sorry to hear about Griff. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved companion. I am sure Griff is missing his best pal, and he and Stubby are sharing recollections of their lifes as your best friend.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
......what am I doing wrong in my life to deserve this???
I think that you might be asking the wrong question here. Perhaps the correct question might be more like - what am I doing so right as to be blessed with loving such wonderful animals? These animals come to you for a reason (which I do not pretend to know). Nancy could probably tell you more.

Bless you, Tom

Don

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I think that you might be asking the wrong question here. Perhaps the correct question might be more like - what am I doing so right as to be blessed with loving such wonderful animals? These animals come to you for a reason (which I do not pretend to know). Nancy could probably tell you more.

Bless you, Tom

Don
Thanks Don.....Waiting for Nancy to return my email.....

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
If dogs didn't bring us so much joy, it wouldn't hurt so much when they left. Dogs are better than people most days. My condolences.

G P R

TDI
2012 CW 6M Golf TDI
I truly believe that your pets become a part of your family! I've lost several over the years and it's a terrible, traumatic experience! I also believe that we will be reunited with our loved ones in the hereafter. Prayers are being said for you and the rest of your family.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Tomo-
My heartfelt condolences for the losses you've gone through. May God comfort you through your sorrow.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Tom you do have a great life as many of us know the weight on your shoulders and heart is super heavy. You DO care so much for all life for years or a short moment in time.

Tom we are with you as always in hapyness or sorrow.

P&J

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Wow.....stunned.....condolences to you Tom on your sudden loss. A pet IS a member of the family-that's why our ol' fat cat is in our family picture.....

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
Very sad to read this tomo. They give us unconditional love. It will hurt for a long time, but think of all the great times you had with Griff. Let those thoughts put a smile on your face. :( :D

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Tomo, my deepest sympathies. Please accept that you have done nothing wrong, and no one or no force in the universe is trying to send you that message. Heed Don's words. Animals find us for a reason. Your pups found you. My guess is because they knew they would have a loving home for the time they would have on earth. During Griff's life with you, however short, he had a large mission, to fill the void left by Stubby's passing. And that he did. You shared your heart with these dogs, and they did likewise. That's a remarkable thing.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
So sorry to hear! My heart goes out to you and I hope you feel better soon.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Tom, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine what is going through your mind at the moment.

As you may have heard, we recently lost our ECOdiesel - not a loving pet, but a big part of our TDI family. It brings back fond memories of GTGs and friends, as I'm sure Griff and Stubby have done for you.

I hope you and your family can adopt another bundle of joy soon.

Best wishes!

-Lawson & Jason

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tom, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine what is going through your mind at the moment.
As you may have heard, we recently lost our ECOdiesel - not a loving pet, but a big part of our TDI family. It brings back fond memories of GTGs and friends, as I'm sure Griff and Stubby have done for you.
I hope you and your family can adopt another bundle of joy soon.
Best wishes!
-Lawson & Jason
Thanks Lawson....I knew about your loss and posted shortly after it happened...I am having a terrible time coping...Luckily for me I am in Az with my brothers packing up Moms house, So I don't have a lot of time to think about it right now...at home I couldn't turn around without seeing a reminder of Griff......:(

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Let me know when you're back in town... we can go get dinner or something. :)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Sorry for your loss Tom. This thread is a testament to not only the good people in the world but also the great community of the TDIclub.

When I was 13 my dad finally let the family get a dog. Sadly we had to put him down 2 days before his second birthday. I know the feeling of emptiness and it really cannot be replaced. If you never lost Stubby you would never have picked up Griff. So maybe there is another great dog out there that you will be able to spend time with as a result of this whole ordeal.

Best of luck and sorry for your loss.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
This is soooo sad.:(

I feel your pain. Hang in there tomo. I lost my Belgium in 2008, after 8 years. I've had it rough now for 4 thinking about him. It was today he was put down for many kidney complications.

Again, hang in there.:(

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
We lost another Beloved Pet yesterday.....Sammy, my 8 year old Chinese Water Dragon passed away.....:( She was Ill for awhile and we were treating her for a month trying to pull her through.....She was really neat and will be missed as Stubby and Griff are....