I've been transplanted

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
I\'ve been transplanted

Well, after a hectic month and a half we're getting settled here in LA county! Today was the first time that I clicked on the "West Coast" link in the GTG section... it still feels wierd.

I'll still be busy for the next few weeks (I can't make it up to the Bay area GTG), but after that I'd love to meet some of the locals. How about a LA GTG in the next month or two?

Also, are there any decent local sources for Delvac or should I just go ahead and mail-order a case?

RiceEater

Veteran Member
TDI
gray 2k2 Jetta GLS
I\'ve been transplanted

Welcome to the West Coast! I believe there are a couple of Fred members in Santa Clarita. There are a few of us here in San Buenaventura County, west on the 126 (blood alley) down to the ocean. Read Peter Pyce thread. You'll see that First D is organizing a SoCal GTG. Ah....has your cat forgiven you?

For Delvac you can go north on the 5 over the hill and down to the Flying J, just follow the big rigs. But that's pretty pricey. Another choice is to go to www.topanga.com. You'll notice that their warehouse hours are top secret but I'll tell you; they're open M-F, 8-4:30. You can pick it up on your way to JPL. Are you burning CARB formutilated DFO #2 or Arco ECD-1? Soy methylester is available at www.brownoil.com.

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
I\'ve been transplanted

Thanks for the welcome! Do you happen to know what Topanga asks for a case of Delvac?

I filled up a couple days ago with ECD-1. I'm liking it so far.

And yes, the cat is fine. she's just a whiner, but she adapts very well!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
I\'ve been transplanted

west coast davin . . . no DavinLA?
(since I was over in this forum anyway I had to post in your thread)

TDI J'ta

Veteran Member
TDI
2K1 Blk Jetta GLS 5-spd
I\'ve been transplanted

Welcome to the 'left-coast'. My daily commute takes me to Valencia...hope you're able to make the adjustment to all the traffic in the SCV.

The last time I purchased Delvac-1 from Topanga, the price was aprox. $90/case.

Ricdude

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, '03, Pt Grey, GLS
I\'ve been transplanted

Santa Clarita? Next to Valencia? Freaky. My Grandma lives out there. Say hi to the *real* Wally World for me! (Magic Mountain, that is...)

Southern CA isn't too bad if you can get at least a few valleys out of LA. Nice weather year round, dry heat in the summer, and not *so* much traffic you can enjoy a drive now and then.