Feeler - 2003 5-Speed ALH Wagon FS - *AS IS* - San Jose, CA

TDI
None
Some pictures added, taking more this afternoon. Make offers via PM...take a gander what MK4 TDI wagons are going for in the bay area to get some ideas.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
Pics not accessible.....?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Some pictures added, taking more this afternoon. Make offers via PM...take a gander what MK4 TDI wagons are going for in the bay area to get some ideas.
What is the going rate in the Bay area to repair/replace an engine with that much damage? You must have looked at getting it repaired? Any idea if towing contributed to the engine damage?

TDI
None
What is the going rate in the Bay area to repair/replace an engine with that much damage? You must have looked at getting it repaired? Any idea if towing contributed to the engine damage?
I tallied everything up including a head rebuild from Frank and a re-bore, and it was nearing $2000 for parts (all labor done by yours truly). I'm positive you can find a whole car for less with a "salvage" motor, but I don't have the luxury of time to dick around with that again...I'm the type that likes the security of having a freshly rebuilt motor, that I put together.

I bought the car with almost 180k on it, from a guy who had all his work previously done at the dealer. I suspect either a previous failed timing belt, or purely metallurgical failure. When I started inspecting the motor after it stalled, all timing marks were dead on, and the belt was still in-tact. None of the other valves/pistons had damage or imprints of an impact, which was strange...I never towed for long or over huge grades, the longest being up to Thunderhill Raceway for trackdays at ~65mph max (pulling a trailer & cargo less than 2000 lb). Car was never overheated, no other mechanical issues during my ownership.

stuston

TDI
MKIV Jetta
You won't find even a bare ALH drivetrain on this coast for $2k. The bore scoring doesn't look that bad from the picture, but it is just a picture. Being an ALH, manual, wagon, you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to take it off your hands. Any price I could offer you would only be a guess.

So you like Tesla?

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
I just bought a 5 speed 03 ALH wagon w/180k miles, PO smashed the oil pan and drove till it threw a rod. $1000

TDI
None
You won't find even a bare ALH drivetrain on this coast for $2k. The bore scoring doesn't look that bad from the picture, but it is just a picture. Being an ALH, manual, wagon, you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to take it off your hands. Any price I could offer you would only be a guess. So you like Tesla?
They pay the bills! :) Scoring isn't too bad, bad enough that it'll need to be bored though.

I just bought a 5 speed 03 ALH wagon w/180k miles, PO smashed the oil pan and drove till it threw a rod. $1000
Incredible find, congrats!

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
They pay the bills! :) Scoring isn't too bad, bad enough that it'll need to be bored though.
Incredible find, congrats!
The PO's insurance gave him good pay out and I believe sold it back to him for peanuts so what I gave him was gravy.;)

Last edited:

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
how much? 918-633-0838