01 Vw Caddy TDI (ALH) 17945 Fuel shut off solenoid malfunction

til2143

TDI
01 Caddy TDI
Hey Lads,

Im having a bit of a problem with my 01 Caddy TDI (ALH Engine), on start up she revs up to about 1800rpm and them goes back to idle, she runs fine but she is in limp mode, when i plug in the vag com i get the following code '17945 fuel shut off solenoid (n109) malfunction' , i erase it and it comes up again on the next start, ive checked the solenoid and its fine, no corrosion on ECU terminals, earths are also fine, anyone come across this before? any help would be great, thanks

til2143

TDI
01 Caddy TDI
runonbeer said:
Crispy o-ring on the solenoid. AHU engines do the start up rev thing sometimes.
Cheers, ya i checked the o ring and it was fine, re checked wiring and plugs from the solenoid and all seems ok, any other ideas?

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
17945 is labeled incorrect function (mechanical).

The valve is probably sticking or leaking. You will probably have to replace it.

til2143

TDI
01 Caddy TDI
jcrews said:
17945 is labeled incorrect function (mechanical).

The valve is probably sticking or leaking. You will probably have to replace it.
Ive tried another solenoid in it this evening and its still the same:(

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Check the hot idle IQ. What is it?

There could be blockage in an internal passage.
You do get +12V to the solenoid while the engine runs, correct?

til2143

TDI
01 Caddy TDI
I presume u mean the injection quantity? How do I check this? I have vag com but have only used it to read and clear codes up to now

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
On the controller main screen, select measuring blocks, then select group 001, and push go!. The engine has to be fully warmed up for the reading to be useful.

Then, close the measuring block screen, and select Output Tests. Observe what happens when the shutoff valve is tested (the engine should stop immediately).