SMF 02M clutch

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Any preferences now that a few of these conversions have been completed?

Looking for the heaviest flywheel possible with a organic disc and a medium to light pedal that can hold 350-400ftlb's. Longevity/durability, and quietness are want to haves. Bora advertises a DC Stage1 and Stage2, then you have a few choices available from Darkside across the pond...

Who can speaketh from experience?

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
I had a eurospec flywheel it sucked loud as hell then the ring gear came off so dont buy that cheap garbage. I have over 250k on my spec stage 2 cltuch its a bit harsh but i saw no reason to change it when I changed the flywheel out. I went back to a dual mass just because I had a new one sitting here. Stay with a stock weight flywheel it shouldn't chatter as bad.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
My 02q makes almost no noise with the heavy SBC TDI flywheel and "silent" Kevlar disk. Got mine from Whitbread, I think fixmyvw also carries them but you might have to call.

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Cool, got in touch with Whitbread who is setting me up with a few components. I think he has the heaviest SMF flywheel available which should dampen the chatter just a tidbit.

D-cappz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH, 6 speed, 4motion, fully loaded, leather heated interior, sunroof, steering wheel controls. Over 420,000km
South Bend Clutch stage 2 endurance for the 02M is quite and has like 0 vibration. Holds like 450 ft-lbs. 21lb flywheel I believe, and it feels really good.
K70287-HD-OCE-SMF

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
South Bend Clutch stage 2 endurance for the 02M is quite and has like 0 vibration. Holds like 450 ft-lbs. 21lb flywheel I believe, and it feels really good.
K70287-HD-OCE-SMF
I have a different experience than you. My SB Endurance Clutch with SM flywheel has some loud chatter however it is an amazing clutch for performance.