alternative fuels

hugelarge

TDI
working on it
I've been looking around and can't find anything about it here, but has anyone heard of or are you using the alternative fuel setup from bluegrassfuel.net . It looks pretty decent as far as the set up goes, looking for some input.

thanks

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I looked over their website and they say to use ONLY petroleum based feed stock, including VEGETABLE oil.

If they don't know the difference between the two, they are charlatans.

BTW, don't put used motor oil in your fuel tank.... no matter what other people have done in the past.

Bill

naturist

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2005 Jeep Libby CRD, 2012 BMW X5 35d
It looks like they are suggesting you can use just about anything as fuel: used motor oil, dead tranny fluid, gear oil, cooking oil, and god alone knows what else. How about sawdust, sand, and the odd oak log?

Sorry, I'm skeptical, no thanks, and I've been using biodiesel for years.

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
I agree with the rest, stay away. From what I can tell, you dump vegetable oil, engine oil, tranmission oil or whatever other oil you have into a tank which runs through their filter to clean it and then blend that conconcotion with diesel and put it in your main tank. That is fuel blending and it is a big no-no with your TDI. My opinion is that is a no-no for any diesel as well...